Before the Show

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bo B Bunny

Reaction score
Ok, it's about 2 weeks (less) before Tony goes to show. I don't want to take him to the fairgrounds...... I want him to be home with mama! :(but the kids are not agreeing. If it gets too hot, he will stay home! Mom will overule!

Anyhow, before he goes to the show table, what should we do? I know we need to make sure his ears are clean, toenails are trimmed, and he has no dirt or anything on him, and brush/comb him. Any tips?

Tony is a very clean bunny. The worst thing I think will be his fluffy feets!

You've got it down Bo B. The only thing I do with our Mini Rex is take a damp terry washcloth and rub the fur backwards (Tail to neck) to help remove stray hairs and loose undercoat. Don't brush too hard, you can break the coat. I'll do the washcloth on the bunnies about a week before the show and then again the day of the show.

Get the nails trimmed, ears cleaned, etc.a week ahead of time. Never trim nails the day of the show if you can avoid it.

Bo is beautiful! He will be grand. Have patience. They are just like our kids, they act completely different around strangers!

Oop it's not Bo it's Tony - our Palomino :)

I can use peroxide on his feet to get them good and white, right?

OOPS! So sorry! Got Tony mixed up wtih BO! Tony will do fine. I do hope it isnt too warm out that weekend. Freeze up a couple of water bottles to take with you. Pop one in the carrier/coop if necessary. I also bring a misting bottle, just in case.

Yeah, you can use a bit of peroxide on his feet. Make sure you rinse them in waterafterwards.

You can also use a 50/50 mixture of white vinegar and water on his feet. If that doesn't work you can make a paste with the vinegar, water and baking soda but make sure you brush it out well.

One other thing is to check his tattoo to make sure it didn't fade. I learned that one the hard way at mini-rex nationals when my sable point doe's tattoo faded and she was DQed. The judge told me she would have won BOV.

Roger

Latest posts

Back