bedding question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pine is no good either. Use Carefresh, Yesterdays News or Critter Country (plant fiber).

Hello Donna,

there is absolutely NO problem withthe use of Pineshavings as rabbitbedding. I have been using it in my Does Nestboxes for 14 years with noill effects. I would not use Cedar nor would I use Sawdust. Sawdustwill get into the rabbits lungs. What you choose to use is a decisiononly you can make. but the issue with Pineshavings is malarkey. Asalways,JMPO.

Dennis,C.V.R.

I heard that pine isn't good for their respiratory system.

Lissa,

You don't want them sitting in soiled pine shavings.People douse the pine shavings, it's okay as long as it's kept clean anddry.

:)

-Carolyn

I'd just like to add, Buck and a few other members of this forum swear by Woody Pet.

This is the site and they say the litter is excellent, I haven't tried it myself.

http://www.woodypet.com/

Best I've been able to locate, bar none and I've been "littering" forabout ten years, now. Worth a try and it is relativelyinexpensive because its major use is as horse bedding, therefore,equestrian people use it in large quantities, so it has to beaffordable.

Biodegradeable, safe for all animals, granulated wood product thatdisintegrates into a powder like substance after absorbingmoisture. Easy to separate "used" material from theremainder. Odor free.

Buck

Latest posts

Back