Bebe getting spayed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is the picture I got of Bebe when she was released from the clinic.

6f0j3w0.jpg

4r2zsdy.jpg

52ao9jn.jpg

And the one with the pellets kicked out of the carrier.

Hi Peapoo_bunny! :D

We adopted Bebe (August 26) from a friend who was going away for school and couldn't keep her anymore.
Bebe wasone of the first bunny that we babysat and got us into the world of rabbits.

Hi,

Good news that Bebe came thru her surgery with flying colors. Good news around here for a change. Also happy that she got pain meds. Just watch her closely with the Torb. Butorphenol is a fantastic analgesic....but is very short lived in rabbits. If I remember correctly, it only lasts a couple of hours. The metacam will help some too (it is great for swelling)...but if she starts showing signs of pain, I would not hesitate to call up the doctor and ask about more frequent and/or differentdosing or switching to another narcotic that has a much longer effective life per dose. And please don't misunderstand what I am saying because torb is an excellent pain med but it's just not effective for along period of time. It might not ever be an issue with Bebe...jsut something to watch for.

Randy

Hi Randy!

I'll see what happens with the medicine. Right now Bebewill get medicine four times aday. How do I know if she is in pain?

She drank a fair amount of water (syringed) and had one big pee.
She ate a teaspoon of pumpkin so far. And she is laying stretched out looking quite relaxed.

STRETCHED OUT?! oh that girl is not in pain LOL! I love that loast pic of her coming home! talk about a melting meatloaf!!

Randy, is Butorphenol the same thing as we use in horses? Bute is what we call it. Is that one of the medicines in generic form?

How's she doing today?

That last pic of Bebe is exactly what I did in the car after my oral surgery. I opened my eyes for half a second and then curled up on the seat and fell asleep :p

tundrakatiebean wrote:
How's she doing today?

Last night Bebe was given her medicine, and I was syringing water and spoon feeding pumpkin before I went to bed. I left hay and pellets with water for her over night.

Bebe didn't eat any food over night but she is peeing. No poops yet.

She got another dose of medicine, and syringed more water and pumpkinat 5:00 am before I went towork.By 8:00 am,my wife left vegs for her, but she didn't touch anything. Getting home at noon Bebe got more medicine, and I syringed more water and pumpkin. She started to get more active, as she started to groom herself. She finally started to nibble on some vegs, and she took the banana with some hesitation.

At 5:30 pm, there was a large cecal poop on the floor, so I count that as a poop. :p I will continue to syringe her until she can start chewing on her own.

YAY! She is on her way. I think most everyone I've seen with the does being spayed have said about 36 to 48 hours before they really get back to eating and pooping.

Give her another kiss and gentle nose rub from me!

Pebbles too - I hope she's doing well -

Pebbles is very normal, except for her sneezing. She is downstairs getting some time for her run. I can't leave any bunnies in the backyard, as the neighbours cat keeps jumping over our fence. The cat ran past me, leaped up on the fence, and sat there watching me and the bunnies.

The doctor phoned today to see how Bebe was doing. Still no report on Pebbles culture.

Pet_Bunny wrote:
Pebbles is very normal, except for her sneezing. She is downstairs getting some time for her run. I can't leave any bunnies in the backyard, as the neighbours cat keeps jumping over our fence. The cat ran past me, leaped up on the fence, and sat there watching me and the bunnies.

The doctor phoned today to see how Bebe was doing. Still no report on Pebbles culture.

Poor little Pebbles! she loves her backyard!

I think I'd put up a hotwire to detour the cat..... not a bad or strong one like for horses - just a low voltage one. I love cats but they shouldn't ruin your back yard for the girls!

so sorry to hear about you not being able to go out because of the cat, that is a big pet peve of mine when people let there cats out.

In Alaska someone would probably pull out a gun :p

My thought would be to buy a cheap catnip cat toy and toss it over the fence so the cat gets distracted. Or some cat treats to do the same thing with. Cats are fairly easily distracted by the right things.

The cat comes and goes as she pleases. The neighbor opens their garage door just enough for the cat to get in and out. Another neighbor uses a garden hose to chase the cat away.

This is day three for Bebe's post operation. I see her drinking and picking through her food. I rather see her eat more so I am still syringing her pumpkin. She pees good and her poops are stillon the small side. She moves around fine, but she prefers to find a cozy spot to lay down and strecth out.

Bebe finished her medicine yesterday. She is starting to act like her normal self... peeing in the corner floor of her cage and biting my wife's hand when she reaches in the cage. :p
I let her out in the basement run for the first time since the op. She was running around and jumping up on boxes and chinning everything.
I think shehas recovered. :bunnydance:
Since Bebe felt fine, I introduced Pebblesin therun with some NIC panels separating the two. There was no aggression or trying to bite each other.
The two tried to smell each other through the bars, and both seem to be laid back as there was no tension between the two. :toastingbuns

Latest posts

Back