Beau

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check all the babys for any injuries or over grooming. Make sure they are all fat and warm.

Also check the entire nest for any left over placentas or dead babies that could rot in the nest and cause sickness in the healthy babies. Make sure they are well covered with fur so they don't get cold.

Check mom to make sure she is not bleeding. Make sure she does not have a stuck kit, palpatate her tummy and check her vagina.

--Dawn

I palpated her the best I could didn't feel anything, already cleaned out the nest, all the babies are covered. Anything else?

969707444_02ed3bfeea.jpg

969707606_edc101e94d.jpg

Mom after a long day

969707632_dc230d14b8.jpg

Beau is still pulling fur, from everywhere even her feet, is that ok?

Your welcome, I knew they'd be tiny, but not that tiny. I want to kind of make a day to day journal, but I don't know if I will feel like it after I have surgery on Thurs.

Oh, I hope everything goes well on Thursday. :)

I would like to see a journal and watch them grow, I've only ever had newborn guinea pigs before.

Thanks, it's just a gall stone, supposed to be an in and out kind of operation, the last two weeks have been really bad for me, maybe this is a start to a better tomarrow.

Those pics are beautiful, you're very lucky.

I made a day by day account of my babies and it's great to look back on, so maybe you could do it as and when you feel like it.

They look like they will be a whole mix of colours so that will be exciting when they grow fur :)

Keep us updated.

One thing....Do you have a nestbox. I see the babies are on a sheet of some sort. Make sure you have a box to put them in because they will roll around. Make sure mom can hop into the box though :)

Cute babies.

Sharon

I don't have a box that she won't shred or tear the bottom out of, but I have the bottom to the cage that the girl had for bender will it work?

975406395_7c10214337.jpg

975406425_594f59ee02.jpg

975406471_6c5f8b8a85.jpg

and another one of the babies cause I couldn't resist. This is my first litter as well as hers so if I am doing something wrong please let me know.

They are so precious.

I'm wondering, and hopefully someone else more experienced will help me here, about removing the material and allowing them to have the hay and fur to burrow down in, because I suspect that might keep them warm.

I have always just used hay and the mom's fur. I think I remember someone warning against fabric in the nest in case one of the wiggles into a fold and can't get out. Then the baby won't get fed.

Other than that, the nest box looks good.

And keep asking any questions you have, the only way to learn is to ask!

--Dawn

Thanks all, I will go take out the baby blanket, and keep an eye on mom and babies. Will it hurt the babies if mom steps on them? I'm just worried, about them getting hurt.

Bunny moms are normally pretty good about not stepping on babies. Sometimes it will happen and sometimes babies will get hurt, but there is not much you can do to prevent it.

Best bet is to keep checking each individual baby every day for injuries.

--Dawn

Latest posts

Back