Beans' eye is red

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilovetegocalderon

Reaction score
I just posted about Beans seeming to be depressed since we moved recently. Well I was taking a good look at her and I noticed her eye looks red and irritated.It's only one eye. What could this be?

It's not affecting her appetite,thankfully. but she is just really not herself. its breaking my heart to see her act so miserable. :(ill make an appointment with the vet. I was really trying to avoid having to do that because im strapped for cash right now but if she needs it I'll take her.

I missed this somehow!

How's Beans doing?

You might try a couple of things before going to the vet....unless there are signs of infection.

Try flushing it with some saline solution. Squirt it over the eye and let it run down and through it. I usually hold a piece of gauze underneath so it doesn't make too much of a mess.
Afterwards you can use a warm compress of chamomile tea.
I do this when Benji's eye(s) get irritated and within a day or two they are usually much better. He LOVES the warm compress and leans into it until it cools.

Oh yeah....it definitely affects his mood. I can tell he's uncomfortable when his eyes flare up.

Prayers and good thoughts sent!!

~Jim

Hi,

How is beans doing? I agree with JimD flush the eye out with sterile drops. Rabbits sometimes get pink eye just like us. As long as there is no sign of infection which would be a lot of discharge or the eye is closed keep flushing it out. My prayers are with beans. Keep site in mind if you have a questions about his health go tohttp://www.welshrabbitry.comclick on health.

bunnylady:angelandbunny:

Back