Beach Bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, I really believe we sometimes get a second chance to make up for something we regret.

About 9 1/2 years ago I gave up my 2 beautiful bunnies that I had and re-homed them to a very nice family. I regret giving them up because I loved them and I chose my new puppy over them. He was a Rottweiler with a very high prey drive, (my cats hated him too). They were terrified of him and even when I moved them to another room upstairs far away from him they still never seemed to get over his presence. Whenever he made a sound they could hear they would panic and hide and stomp. They never seemed to get better. I gave it about 2-3 months then decided to re-home them. So I still have guilt about keeping my dog over them when they were there first.

So I'm telling this story to say this: I was looking through my old pictures of my pets and came upon pictures of them. I realized how much the two of them resembled my Humma and Trillian, except Patches and Honey were "ears up". Patches was a male and Honey was a female, both I had fixed. I uploaded their pictures into the gallery but have lost the ability to transfer the pictures into my posts. If you're interested you can hop over to the gallery and check them out. It's uncanny that over 9 years later when I decided to get more rabbits I happened upon these 2. I instantly loved them and knew they looked similar to my old bunnies, but I didn't realize how much! Of all the bunnies I could have had, I ended up with Humma and Trillian. And the fact that their former owner had to give them up at 2.5 years old and I gave mine up at 3 years old.

So this was meant to be. A wonderful woman adopted my bunnies from me so many years ago, and I purchased these bunnies (from the pet store) that their owner couldn't keep years later. It's my chance to give Humma and Trillian the home I didn't give to Patches and Honey. Funny old life, isn't it?

Thanks for listening
:)

My poor bunnies....they're finally learning that their mommy is extremely clumsy! Yesterday I walked into their room, tripped, fell flat on my face, veggies flying everywhere!! The noise was earth shattering, and scared the "pellets" out of them.

I apologized repeatedly and they forgave me, but it took hours for them to eat their breakfast. :rollseyes

Haha Dave! You're probably right! :biggrin:

Spilling my thoughts:

Tomorrow my new bunny Faith is going for her 1st vet check up as I am sure her previous owner (the 12 year old) or her parents never bothered to take her. I will be scheduling her spay surgery for the first available appointment. It makes me nervous since I just lost Trillian during her spay surgery, but she was a bit older than Faith.

Miss Faith isn't exactly perfect with her litterbox habits. It's amazing how much that little bunny can poo! That's easy to clean though. It's the pee that is driving me nuts. She is also starting to nip now. So I know if I want to have any chance of relieving her of these behaviors before they become habit I need to get her spayed.

Also I'm hoping she and Humma can be bonded since he seems terribly lonely now. I know there's no chance of that while she's in tact.

Well, that's the latest. Thanks for listening :)

Faith did very well at the vet. The dr. Said she feels very "robust" compared to Trillian so that's hopeful. Her spay surgery is on the 30th so she's on bene-bac every day until then. She loves the taste!

Yep, no shortage of pelleted fertilizer here! :biggrin:

:wave:

Just stopped in to say Hi, from someone from a State next to you... New Jersey.

Lovely bunnies. Hope all goes well on the 30th.

And we have a lot of pellet fertilizer here too. lol. Great for the garden. I tell my bunnies they have to earn their keep somehow. And boy do they ever. lol But the gardens much better for it. But I don't tell them that, might go to their heads.

Pleasure reading about your bunnies. Look forward to the update.

K :)

Hi Karen!
Nice to see another mid-atlantic neighbor on the site! :biggrin:

Thanks Dave:)

Faith's spay went perfectly. One of the technicians told me when Faith was done she carried her around wrapped in a towel until she recovered and wanted to be put down. I thought that was sweet.

Well since the vet wanted her to be kept warmer I put her in my office. They split my sunroom usually and I keep it at 60*f in the winter. When she recovers I hope to bond them. I didn't realize how much Humma liked having another bunny in the same room. I knew he missed his partner Trillian bc he was depressed. But when I got Faith and split the room for them, he really perked up! He started to binky again and he usually sits on top of his cardboard box mountain so he can watch her.

Well, since Monday he has become a nut! He started throwing his stuff around the room and making tons of noise. He went to her side of the room (since I took her x pen into the office) and managed to get into her cage??, ate her hay, hubby rescued him from the cage(since he went through the top). He did this up until yesterday when he started moping.

So when I dumped her litterbox last night I showed him her dirty box so he could smell that she's still here. I felt bad that he was so down. I keep telling him she's still here and when she's recovered I'll bring her back. I know that's silly but I do talk to my bunnies :biggrin:

Thanks Emily :)

We've moved Faith back into the sunroom. She seemed too scared in the office so we thought she would be more calm in her area where she can smell all the places she chinned. So we bumped the heat to 68*f, and she really did seem happier in her familiar surroundings. She had her last dose of pain meds today. And there is no problem with her appetite! I think she's doing quite well.

As for Humma, boy he sure knows she's back! He sits and watches her again. Maybe there will be a love connection?? Hope so :wink

Aw I hope so cause that's adorable. Glad she's doing good.

I had a hard time keeping Harvey quiet after his neuter. He really just wanted to bounce all over the place.

Finally a some pics of Faith! Resolved my tech issues:rollseyes

15884_132054_440000000.jpg

15884_162349_170000001.jpg

I love her grey to white fade :biggrin2:

And here's humma in his fountain

15884_162349_170000002.jpg

Just throwing my pooch in here

Chewbacca (R.I.P.) 1/11/02-8/24/11 :rip:

15884_162349_170000000.jpg

So sorry for the loss of your Rottie. They are an excellent breed. But then again, I'm prejudice to the working group. The bigger, the stronger, the better.

Thanks for sharing.

Love the pics of the bunnies. Now I know what you mean by the fountain.

K :)

Back