[Bayou & Jess]

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mardigraskisses

Reaction score
[align=center]My name is Jess.

IMG000105.jpg

Bayou is my bunny.

021009025630.jpg

He's a mixed breed that my boyfriend, Dave, got me for Christmas.
Best Christmas present ever!:biggrin2:

[/align]

Well, Welcome to the forum Jessand Bayou:D!

Christmas Present? I'd freak if I was just given a bunny without any research done that's for sure! I hope you have done and obviously you have finding this awesome place! Check out the Library for sure.

Again, Welcome!:D

AngelnSnuffy wrote:
Well, Welcome to the forum Jessand Bayou:D!

Christmas Present? I'd freak if I was just given a bunny without any research done that's for sure! I hope you have done and obviously you have finding this awesome place! Check out the Library for sure.

Again, Welcome!:D
Lol, I've been here for a bit. The only reason Dave got Bayou for me was because I had been badgering anyone who would listen about my new found knowledge of rabbits. I'm pretty sure all of my friends never want to hear another "fun fact" about rabbits digestive systems or behavior interpretation.

[align=center]:blushan:
[/align]

[align=center]Arrr, Bayou is being a pain today. He keeps dragging his water bowl all over the cage and sloshing water everywhere. Now his feet are orange because his chew toy got wet and the dye came off.
:grumpy:

I think in a few months he will finally be ready to have full run of my room again. Can't wait until this bratty bunny teenage phase is over. He was so sweet and then BAM! He hits puberty and it's like he lives for chaos.
Guess I know what my dad feels like now.

:biggrin2:

[/align]

mardigraskisses wrote:
[align=center]Arrr, Bayou is being a pain today. He keeps dragging his water bowl all over the cage and sloshing water everywhere. Now his feet are orange because his chew toy got wet and the dye came off.
:grumpy:

I think in a few months he will finally be ready to have full run of my room again. Can't wait until this bratty bunny teenage phase is over. He was so sweet and then BAM! He hits puberty and it's like he lives for chaos.
Guess I know what my dad feels like now.

:biggrin2:

[/align]
:laugh:

Bayou is still pulling up carpet when I let him out. I wish he would understand that if he stops doing that, he can full run of my room when I am home. I hope eventually he'll get the picture. I've tried the squirt bottle, but I have spray him like eight times before he hops away.

In other news, I'm getting tested for Celiac disease at some point this month. Yippee. :grumpy:

Well, I'm off to take a nap before the boyfriend gets here. (Wish me luck, I'm gonna be going up against him on Halo. He always kicks my butt.)

Bayou is shedding. A lot.

It's weird though, cause when I pet him and brush him it doesn't seem that bad. When I go to clean his cage though it's everywhere.

I guess after my hand held vacuum charges it'll be time the clean the cage.

In other news, Dave might be getting a tattoo! Hoyte finally got his tattoo license! Too bad he's law abiding and won't tattoo me. :grumpy:

I bought Bayou lots of new toys and a nifty brush that gets a lot of hair off him. It also keeps the hair in the brush until you press a button to clean it, so it's not all over my room! Well, at least not when I brush him.

In other news I decided that I'm retiring the x-pen and rebuilding his NIC cage. The x-pen was very convenient and not so much of a pain in my butt, but I decided that Bayou needed more space and jumping levels. So, I did that and we're both much happier with it.

Also, I'm really close to getting my diploma! Eleven more classes until I'm finished with my home schooling! I picked 5 electives that will help me choose what I want to do after I get my diploma. I chose Dental Assisting, Veterinary Assisting, Pharmacy Technician, Medical Office Assisting, and Dressmaking and Design.

(Apparently I want to assist a lot of people? :?)

I am so sick right now though I just don't want to do anything. When I get stressed, my body gets really p*ssed at me. I can't keep food down, I have zero energy, and I have this constant headache/neckache/backache. But I refuse to just roll over. I've done that for too long and now I'm just going to ignore it and try to get as much done as I can. Nobody likes a whiner.

So I think that about sums up whats going on in my life right now. I wish somebody hadn't stolen my camera so I could show you guys the new cage. :grumpy:

Also, I got a haircut. :biggrin2:

IMG000185.jpg

I'm going to the pet store tomorrow to pick up a clicker so I can start training Bayou to come to me when I call him. I'm still on a mission to train him to not eat the darned carpet!

In October the local pet store is having a drawing for people to enter where you can win all kinds of prizes. Maybe even a $500 gift card :shock:! You can win a year's supply of dog food, a furminator, a pet water fountain, and some other random prizes. Obviously if I got the year supply of dog food, that would go to a shelter since I don't have a dog.:p And if I won the $500 card, I'd buy the necessities I've been meaning to get (pet carrier, emergency kit) and then donate a whole mess of stuff to the two rabbit shelters closest to me.

In other news, I went to the doctor today. They drew lots of blood and are testing me for diabetes, anemia, and other things. Fingers crossed that it's just a vitamin deficiency. The only other thing I'll be missing to be tested from is Celiacs and something else I can't remember.

Oh, and once again, my dad scheduled a dentist appointment for me... ON MY BIRTHDAY. Second year in a row.:grumpy: Maybe this time he won't make a scene when they tell him how much it's going to cost to have my teeth fixed. :tears2:

It's supposed to be my lucky year this year. (I turn 17 on Thursday, September 17th. I was also born on a Thursday. :))

Lets hope this year is better than the last! :bunnydance:

Luckily it's just a cleaning. But last year it was just a cleaning as well, and when the dentists told my dad about all the work that was needed he freaked out and pretty much ruined the whole day. :tears2:

Just found out I'm going to need 8 crowns, two fillings, and a root canal. Probably going to be upwards of $5000. I doubt insurance will cover more than $1000. :tears2:

Happy birthday to me.

Latest posts

Back