Baths?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pipwin

Reaction score
Saint Lawrence River Valley, New York, USA
Hi everyone.

At the wildlife hospital where I work (under Eileen H's direction!) we just got in a New Zealand. He was dumped out of a van onto someone's lawn two days ago. Although, clearly, he has been neglected for quite some time. We are going to treat him and have a potential rabbit loving adopter who is interested. He's fabulously sweet and a big mush and pretty skinny as well.He's 5 lbs and you can feel his bones pretty easily. His hocks are very soreand has what appears to be perhaps urine burn and significant hairloss on his rear legs and near his tail. He's pretty filthy, he actually seems kind of greasy feeling...

We're looking for a way to clean him up. We have bag balm and neosporin for his little bald, hurtingfeet... but are looking on how to clean his fur.

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

I'm no expert but the only way I can think of cleaning him without fully submerging him would be maybe with a warm flannel and a brush? You could dampen down his fur and brush the dirt out. Then just rub him dry. Just make sure you get him fairly damp, when Lottie goes in the garden in the rain, she always looks soaked but I part her fur and its completley dry!

Fran :) :hearts :brownbunny

Back