Bathing

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And if you are spot cleaning I would use a safe bunny shampoo & bunny burrito your bunny if necessary. Like watermelons said you don't need to bath your bunny, they spend alot of their time grooming so they keep themselves clean. -Shaan

I have tried to spot wash my Lady when the dogs ran up to the baby gate and peed on her before she could run off and
was having a hard time getting the pee off of her with baby wipes.. My poor baby! Bad dogs!!!!

Unless she has something really really bad on her in an area she can't clean herself like someone dropped something on her back that is nasty and sticky etc.. most people allow their buns to groom and clean themselves.

However, that being said, I have found videos on You Tube of people giving their bunnies baths and once said that they do not do this on a regular basis either. All the underlined areas are the links. Also I have seen on You Tube videos alot of asian rabbit owners appear to bathe their bunnies. I have no idea if it's a cultural thing or not..

Vanessa

Bunny bath in youtube

Bunny takes a shower [ORIGINAL VIDEO] - YouTube
► 2:36► 2:36
www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_J0AMPPD34‎
May 30, 2013 - Uploaded by Cloody Tube
I DO NOT BATH HIM EVERY DAY OR WEEK!!! I DO IT ONLY WHEN HE'S REALLY DIRTY!! ## While bathing ...
Baby Bunny Takes a Bath - YouTube
► 3:11► 3:11
www.youtube.com/watch?v=WivHGWvPvLk‎
Nov 27, 2013 - Uploaded by mybbbunny
While bunnies are still young, it is important to check up on them regularly to ensure that their bottoms are clean ...
Bunny Bath - YouTube
► 2:06► 2:06
www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-9BR2DF_Mg‎
May 23, 2007 - Uploaded by ray flores
For more stinkypants videos go to: www.capitalbunnies.typepad.com stinkypants took her namesake a little to ...
Rabbit's Bath - YouTube
► 0:31► 0:31
www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEySrWkqLLc‎
Sep 5, 2010 - Uploaded by weiran
Cutie having a bath. ... Rabbit's Bath. weiran·6 videos ... white bunny swimming in my poolby ...

Thank you guys so much he just gets really dirty from playing outside in the dirt digging big holes and chasing my puppies it's really adorable

Oh my not good at all. Please do not bathe yout rabbit unless absolutely necessary!
There isnt much that a damp cloth or the rabbit itself cant clean off.
Bathing can be lethal to bunnies and many other animals.
If its just dirt use a brush and a cloth. Damp cloth can get off the extras buy wild bunns get dirty all the time and they clean up perfectly.
If they have a poopu bum. First solve why their bum is poopy and fix that issue .

Thanks again I will cut back on bathing him and let him do it himself it's more dusty then dirty I'll do just a dry towel rub down

Those videos have made me cringe!! The first one that poor bunny is in a trance I feel bad for them!! Never bathe your rabbit! Use baby wipes
:(

And there's TONS more especially from Asia with titles I cannot read that have the bunnies in the sink giving them baths. I really think it's some cultural thing where in Asia where communal baths etc is common it's considered 'normal' for them to bathe their pet's also in the same manner. I took Japanese for 3 years and just to enter someone's house you would have to take your shoes off so as not to dirty their house... so I really think it all has to deal with culture and country... I'm not saying they are right or wrong.. I think it's how their society is...

Vanessa

Latest posts

Back