Bathing

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I heard that you should never bathe your bunny unless it is absolutely necessary. i.e. the bunny is soiled or doesn't clean itself properly.

Is this true? :?

And if bunnys can be bathed, how should it be done? :)

Yeh, that'a is true :)

It depends what needs to be done, generally its better to try and do a specific area, like the butt. There is a thread in the Infirmary at the mo about someone who does have to bathe both her bunnies a couple of times in a solution, but there are tips on that thread for ways t bathe, so that might be worth checking out.

Why do you ask?

Your bunny should be able to keep him/herself clean.

There are some occasions where a bun will get a messy bum that needs to be cleaned- usually with a "butt bath" with a washcloth or, even better, a dry bath with some cornstarch.

Mitsuki when she came home had some bad diarrhea so I put her in the tub to bathe her and clean up her butt, funny thing is she loved the water! I must have a weird rabbit.

I was thinking maybe i should, but just her butt area, maybe with just a washcloth. because she keeps sitting in her litter tray, and her paws get smelly. I also think i just need to clean out her litter tray more often.
Thanks for the feedback :)

KookieKing wrote:
Mitsuki when she came home had some bad diarrhea so I put her in the tub to bathe her and clean up her butt, funny thing is she loved the water! I must have a weird rabbit.
Several of my rabbits love to play in the rain instead of staying dry in their houses.

Baby Juliet wrote:
KookieKing wrote:
Several of my rabbits love to play in the rain instead of staying dry in their houses.
We have odd bunnies!

Latest posts

Back