Bathe your bunny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why does he need to be diapered???

Mhockin78 has a severely ill, disabled rabbit.

I'm not sure if this can go on this thread, but I have tried to diaper Toby to min the stress impact of baths, but I can't seem to figure out how to keep it on him. I may be using one that is too small, or maybe he is still too active, I don't know. I am also causing his considerable stress just trying to figure out how to put it on him, just now I caused him two seizures, I just can't win for trying. :censored2: I'm exhausted from trying to give him a good quality of life, and I'm sure he is too since he probably has no idea I am trying to help him. Sigh. You guys have helpful advice on diapering???

Have you taken a look at this website?
http://www.disabledrabbits.com/urine-scald.html
They also have a facebook page that you could ask others how they help their disabled buns.

When my Moo was a little over 8 weeks, I picked him up from the breeders and took him home. He didn't understand how to clean himself, and so his backside was dirty with poo and some of his littler because he didn't understand how to brush it off. It got stuck to his fur, and I had to give him a bath. He was a little scared, but he was okay in the end. I had him in a tub, with no water in it. I had a cup full of the right temperature water, and baby shampoo. I just got water on his backside to help get all of the stuff off, and then rinsed him with a tiny bit of shampoo. He was fine, almost 4months now and still perfectly healthy and happy. I don't think you should be bathing your rabbit for the fun of it, but only if you absolutely need to clean his bum (I only had to do it that one time for my Moo).Hope that helped!

It remember having to bath my pervious rabbit with special shampoo because of a skin condition and he hated ever second of it, thankfully Pete is self cleaning!

From my experience bunnies and baths don't mix!

Latest posts

Back