Bath time!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought Zaiya was perfectly calm. If I'm honest, it seemed like everyone else was freaking out. Yes most of us agree that rabbits shouldn't be bathed, but that doesn't mean we need to jump down the original poster's throat about it. Just reading this thread the past day or two that's all I'm seeing happening. :(

You're all a bunch of bullies, I don't actually care what you guys have tot say, my bunn enjoys it, every bun is different. So climb a bridge.

They don't mean to come across that way, they are simply concerned about the welfare of your rabbit, that's all. As long as you're sure your bunn enjoys it and dry her well afterwards, then no harm done.

You're all a bunch of bullies, I don't actually care what you guys have tot say, my bunn enjoys it, every bun is different. So climb a bridge.

We aren't we are simply telling you the truth. It may seem like we are ganging up on you but we aren't. We want to make sure you know that giving a full bath to your rabbit is very dangerous and should try to be avoided at all cost. A lot of people think their rabbit enjoys the bathing but in reality their rabbit is just in shock. I don't want you to think your rabbit is enjoying the bath and then to wake up one day to find that she passed away because she had hypothermia.

Also even if your rabbit enjoys the bath its still bad for her. It destroys the natural protective qualities in a rabbits coat.

Please, why can't you accept what we are saying. We aren't being mean but we are trying to prevent something happening to your little bun!

I think at this point everyone's said their piece. We don't want this to become an "us vs. them" kind of thread. Lots of members have already stated in different ways all of the reasons why a healthy rabbit should not be bathed. There are real risks to the rabbit's health. The OP has chosen to ignore our advice. On a forum we can expect differing opinions even though experience tells us it's best one way or the other. We can't convince everyone, just a fact of life.

It's hard because we are so passionate about the same thing: our bunnies. Forum members and mods are not here to bully. We also don't want people who may be in similar situations to be turned off and not come here for help. Let's just all step back from this and see that we have said what needed to be said, and leave it at that.
:hiding:
:thanks:

Latest posts

Back