Bath time for Boba

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Baths actually aren't recommended for rabbits as it can cause shock, hypothermia, and death. They're very clean animals and shouldn't need more assistance in that department. If they seem dirty, it could indicate a health problem.

What do you do when a bunny smalles like urine because she Pees everywhere and has even sat in it? I'd imagine that if a rabbit pees where it smells urine, it would be really confused if it smelled pee on themselves all the time.

@nobunnynoclue: I've heard that using baby wipes (non-scented) or a washcloth dipped in lukewarm water is advisable in situations where fecal matter is stuck to a bunny's bottom. It should be okay with urine too, although the rabbit should be cleaning itself there. Which is why I'm thinking that maybe your bunny might have a health problem. I'm no expert, but I've read up on here and a UTI might be the culprit.
Is your rabbit neutered? That could be another (and more common) situation where they'd being peeing (marking) everywhere.

I clean my rabbits cage atleast twice a day! You can learn how to potty train them too. Mine most always urinates in the litter box. This all helps to keep the bunnies clean and safe from bacteria problems. I use a soft child tooth brush and some clean water (a little) to clean my rabbit's feet sometimes, and then dry them well (but gently). A rabbit's cage must be cleaned often so they do not get sick.

And no cleaning your rabbit's cage twice a day is not crazy if:
Your rabbit has about 100 to 150 droppings a day, makes messes with the hay, there are droppings in the hay/food, does not live on a wire cage (therefore droppings stay in the cage with the rabbit) and your rabbit does better to go to the litter box when the cage is cleaner. This of course also keeps them much cleaner and most importantly, safer.

Latest posts

Back