baskets

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i dunno, i find that most of the things that have been recalled are china made. the whole led issue in toys a couple of years ago, the baby bottles, and so on. they just use a lot of bad chemicals in some of their stuff. of course not all of their things are bad, just i'd be a bit cautious.

some ways to see if they've been treated are if they have a gloss of some kind to them. wood is NOT meant to be glossy. also, scrape your nail along it, if a wax comes off of it, it's got a chemical coating on it (i have a basket like that, it's only used for storing my make-up though). also, ask someone to make sure it's real wood (not that fake stuff). i'm sure there are more ways to tell, but i cant think of them atm.

Untreated willow has a slight roughness to it even after being peeled (white color inside). The super smooth stuff is generally not labeled as untreated or natural. If it's not specifically labeled as such, I don't take the chance. No point saving a couple bucks on baskets and spending hundreds on vet bills for unexplained diarrhea, etc.

untreated baskets are rough.and porous feeling..they arent smooth and finished......go to a craft store first and feel their untreated baskets....ull be able to tell the difference.

Latest posts

Back