base for nic cage

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrayBunny

Reaction score
Hi- We have two bunnies (General and Maggie). They live together in a fairly large nic cage with carpet on top of plywood as the base. They are not completely litter box trained and some of the urine has seeped through the carpet/plywood.

We need an alternative base, one in which urine would not seep through. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

If you've already got a ply-wood base, why not glue some lino down? I have wooden boxes lined with linoleum and the edges trimmed with metal stripping used for dry-walling. The metal stripping prevents them from chewing on the edges and pulling up the lino and since the lino is firmly glued to the wood, they are unable to chew on the lino anywhere else either.

I found that one solid piece is required. I have one cage that was seamed, and the seam lifted a little bit which allowed the buns to start pulling up the lino. My other cage has one solid piece and it has worked perfectly.

I just bought scraps of lino from a hardware store. It was very cheap.

--Dawn

I love linoleum, especially when it is glued down with contact cement. Poor bunnies can't dig it up at all :D

Some folks have also used coroplast (plastic cardboard used for signs) to great success.

I used vynal flooring from home depo.
It works awesome!
It is sticky on one side so all you have to do is cut it then stick it down.

Latest posts

Back