Banana!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waterlilly0212

Reaction score
I know that banana fruit is ok for rabbits to eat, but what about the peels? Obviously I wouldn't give him the whole peel, but a little? The past times that I have shared a banana with him in his run, he has seemed almost more interested in chewing on the peels than the fruit... I saw a picture of someone's rabbit on the forum eating a banana peel, so I let him have a bite or two, but then pulled it away. Is it ok/good for him to eat the peels?

Thanks!

My bunnies always like to have a little of the peel and it hasn't harmed them that I know of, but hopefully someone who actually knows if it's safe or not comes along. I'd like to know too, as sometimes I don't want to give up my daily banana, lol!

I never give my bunnies the peel, but then again, I've never thought of it. I probably won't though, as I use the peels to practice tattooing (for rabbit tattooing)....can't remember who told me that....I think it was Peg....anyway....:)

Emily

Banana peels are not unsafe for rabbits because they are toxic or dangerous. On the other side, I wouldn't feed them to my bun, because I'd be afraid of pesticides.

Marietta

I give my bunnies the peels all the time, when my kids eat a banana I divide up the peel among all my bunnies.

Muffin prefers the peel over the fruit too, and neither she nor Tony seem to suffer any ill effects from eating them occasionally.:biggrin2:

Baxter! jumped up on my desk at work one day and when I came back in - I went to reach for the banana and half of it was gone, but he mainly seemed to like the peel.. Pretty funny to come back in and see this half chewed on banana - and I had never given Baxter!a banana before - but he knows what he likes..

Back