Banana Chips

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlopsnWills

Reaction score
Hi all.. just a quick question. I've beenfeeding my boys these dried banana chips I get from Walmart.. I thinkthey're Great Value brand. I read the ingredients and it says,"Bananas, Coconut Oil, Sugar, and Natural Flavors". Is the coconut oilsomething to be concerned about? They only get one chip every other dayor so.

Hmm, I think it's like any other treat -moderation always. I don't like giving anything fried to thebunnies .. it's so unhealthy for humans, I can just imagine thebunnies. :) Dried fruit is ok, but those chips arefried, sothat's my main problem with them i think...

I'd avoid anything with oil, it soundsfattening. The best way to go is if you know someone with a dehydrator.I know that this isn't always a option but if you know someone withone, dry your own fruit. I dry apples, grapes, papaya, strawberries,you name it.

If you can't do that, maybe try a health food store? I don't know whereany healthy store bought dried foods would be though, sorry!

Hmm.. I guess it really depends on thebrand. Some are just dried, others are fried.. I'm actuallynot sure about that brand.. now that I think about it, I have hadboth. The dried are sweeter, the fried tend to go more tosalty.

I give my buns (as well as many people) driedcranberries (craisins). I give them each 1 craisin per day. It hasn'tproved to be fattening and they LOVE them :).

- Amy (Mallory, Morgan, and Madilyn-Mae):hearts

I buy bags of dried fruit from the producesection of the grocery store. I got the tropical mix this time whichhas Apple, Bananna, Mango, Papaya, Pineapple, Coconut, golden raisens,I can't remember what else. They are already chopped into little bunnybite sized squares too. (about the size of a raisen) Perfect size fortreats.

Yes, banana chips are fried. They don't do so well when they are dehydrated.

I have a dehydrator too, although James and I usually scarf down allthe goodies before the bunnies get a chance. Our dehydratorcame with a special piece that lets us make fruit leathertoo. Mmm... addicting!

Latest posts

Back