Baliey and ebony

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We were told 8 weeks is good--they are weened and eating regular food by that point--also you should separate males and females--they do breed like rabbits, after all!
I'm so new there 5 weeks. They eat on thier own and from mom now.not able to separate them unfortunately 😕 I'm sure my girl is prego again...is it better to get a male or female done??

I volunteered at a shelter for numerous years and saw the influx of unwanted companions. - I hope you find a reputable DVM to spay/neuter, and if finances allow I would strongly encourage you to spay/neuter all little ones prior to handing them over to another human.

We are well aware of what occurs to free and cheap little furries. It is a known fact that humans do not realize how rabbits reproduce and how quickly they can. Oh yah, separate genders asap.

@pursource , We had sixteen babies born to two abandoned females, plus the male "daddy" or offspring that impregnated NZW Marietta repeatedly as she did her best to thrive/survive on the streets. She was abandoned unspayed and likely an Easter novelty.

Are you able to check rescue groups near you who can recommend a DVM to sp/euter?

Do you have a DVM for your adult/s? Rescue organizations can also recommend DVMs.

Rescue groups are contacted 24/7 regarding abandoned buns who deliver offspring. I feel for those innocent little lives.

Your towel nest reminds me of the cardboard and soft bedding towel ring we had constructed, until the little tykes became mobile.

http://rabbitrescue.ca/about-us/the-rescue/Foster homes in Barrie, are mentioned on this page. Fosterers are ALSO so needed for the plentiful unwanted and innocent rabbits that come into this world.

On Facebook forum: Finding Homes for Ontario Rabbits --

I hope the info will help your innocent little loves land in the right hands and find forever-devoted TLC.

Attachments

• MariettaBabiesHuddledInCircleNestSnuggleTenDaysOld_forROinfo_April621.jpg
    MariettaBabiesHuddledInCircleNestSnuggleTenDaysOld_forROinfo_April621.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 0
  • MariettasBabesInHaySurroundMar13_2006RST_ROphotoInfo.jpg
    MariettasBabesInHaySurroundMar13_2006RST_ROphotoInfo.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 0
@pursource , do you have a dog kennel crate or are you able to locate separate enclosures for the male and females? Boy buns testosterone engages as early as 10 weeks.

As soon as we saw penis parts around that 8-10 week timeframe, they got a new apartment enclosure.

We had a female group of 3 that began spatting with Mom, driving her nuts in the confined space, and we searched around for separate affordable units to prevent injuries.
^ The teenage mother and the four babes ^ came our way from the shelter prior to being euthanized because the shelter was out of space.

A reputable rescue group may put you on a wait list and having everyone sp/eutered is highly beneficial !! So many humans do not care nor do they care where buns end up. They can transition to other hands and people may keep the breeding process going.

Positive news that you are asking about getting your adults fixed.

Back