Bales of Timothy... Bad?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What looks good to us doesn't always look good to the rabbit. I mix mine up. My guys like a variety, they pick out any weeds or alfalfa bits (bales are sometimes 5% alfalfa), nibble on some brown stuff, eat a few seed heads and go back to leaves and stems.

Steve, I didn't know you lost Nibbles. :( Did they ever find out what caused the stasis?

So sorry. :sad:

Hay by the bale is great, hard to feed unlimited hay using the small bags I find.

sas

Thank you for remembering Pipp. No, we didn't. We tried everything and she kept progressively getting worse. It was taking more and more medicine to keep her "regular", but in the end nothing was working... She was in a whole bunch of pain, and we decided her time with us done. So, we sent her to the meadow up above. I miss Nibbles. She was so sweet. Thank you again.

Pipp wrote:
What looks good to us doesn't always look good to the rabbit. I mix mine up. My guys like a variety, they pick out any weeds or alfalfa bits (bales are sometimes 5% alfalfa), nibble on some brown stuff, eat a few seed heads and go back to leaves and stems.

Hay by the bale is great, hard to feed unlimited hay using the small bags I find.
I still get the turds Oat hay through the clinic. However what looks good to us usually is better. All hay is edible, but just because cattle can and will eat it doesn't mean our rabbits should. There are varying degrees of quality when it comes to hay, and typically the greener and nicer looking hay (to us) is more nutritionally complete. They hay I used to be given for the horses I looked after, was disgusting, I dont think there was a bit of green on it. However they still ate it, they didn't get sick from it, but if I had to purchase it myself, I wouldnt be touching it for a horse, nevermind a rabbit. I think the buns appreciate that were trying to pick out the best stuff for them and they know it. Then again, we also learn what our rabbits will eat, and before buying something most of us will be able to look at it and say, yes my bun will eat that.

Latest posts

Back