Bald Spot

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lionheadbunny21

Reaction score
I have a 7 month old Lionhead Bunny and she's had this bald spot on the back of her head since 1 week after we got her andwe've her for 4 weeks. Thereare no scabs or circle scab for ringworm. There is a little dry patch. I haven't seen her itch and the other bunny is not getting whatever it is. It looks like it's getting bigger now as well like moving up between her ears. She's my husband's bunny so I don't handle her as much as him. I just clean and feed and basically waiting for her to trust me enough to come to me, which she is starting to do on her own :D

I asked him to give her to me the other day so i can snuggle her a little and I checked out her bald spot and that's when i noticed the dry patch and how it is moving up.. I'm not sure if it is getting bigger or if I just couldn't see it because of her mane.

Soo I'm not sure if I should bring her in to the vet for it or not. I know other people experience this. If someone has had something similar when should I be expecting her fur to grow back ???

And when should I worry???

It could be mites which is easily treated with Revolution, however , I would take her to a rabbit knowledgeable vet just to make sure that you get the correct diagnosis.

OMG, My daughter has ringworm on her shoulder, I don't know what pet it's from or who and I'm wondering that's what it is????

She doesn't handle Fluffy at all. I know Petsmart said that one of the guinea pigs we bought in February had just got over Ringworms, but was treated.

My daughter had scratches on her from one of the guinea pigs, but not the one that was assumed to have had it before. My daughter has had ringworm for 3 weeks now. 1 1/2 weeks being treated. She is not allowed to handle the pets until she's all done her meds and cleared.

COuld it be ringworm???

Latest posts

Back