Bald spot on chin

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teeniebun

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have just noticed my rabbit teenie has a small bald patch underneath her chin. It's about the size of a 5 pence piece. She's not drooling at all and the skin doesn't seem to be flaking or anything. Any ideas??:wave2

image.jpg

Does she have a small dish or feeder that it could be rubbing on too much when she eats? Does she 'chin' things excessively? Does she drink from a water dish where her chin gets wet from the water and is the spot 'greenish' at all?

I can't see it very well in the photo. Does she chin things a lot, she may be rubbed the fur off. Sometimes rabbits do get yeast or fungal type of infections under their chin but I would expect to see redness or flakes with that.

She is probably chinning to much. or something sharp may be in her cage for ex.( food dish she chews on can develop sharp edges, also the water problem listed above, which should be dried off.:bunny17:

Does she have a small dish or feeder that it could be rubbing on too much when she eats? Does she 'chin' things excessively? Does she drink from a water dish where her chin gets wet from the water and is the spot 'greenish' at all?

The spot isn't greenish at all and she drinks from a bottle. I haven't noticed that she chins things excessively either. I checker in her cage and there's nothing sharp in there so I'm confused really ?;)

She DOES have a food bowl which she eats all her nuggets and veg from. It could be that she is rubbing her chin on that without realising because she likes her nuggets and gets very exited about them! So it's quite possible that's all it is but I'll keep an eye on her and update you guys thanks a lot:wave2

Back