Bald Ears???

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dublinperky

Reaction score
Lately Nessa has lost almost all the hair on her ears... It is very strange. She looks exhausted all the time. I don't know if it is because she is so hot or something is wrong with her but I am really worried.:nerves1

Aly!

I've never seen bald ears on a rabbit other than a mites case, even when there was molting. :shrug:

The inside of her ears look normal and isn't that how you tell if they have ear mites? Should I put a drop of oil in her ear just in case?

Aly!

I think you should get her to a vet. The vet can do skin scrapings and use a microscope to look for mites, and then prescribe the correct drug. I think with a case this advanced (no hair on the ears), you need more than just oil. The signs I would look for to indicate mites are red marks or dirt-looking stuff, not looking into the ear canal. In any case where all the fur is gone on the ears, a vet needs to be seen.

Does she shake her head and scratch her ears a lot?
Any scratch marks on the inside of her ears?

My buck had gotten a case of ear mites, and scratched himself so much he accidentally scratched his eye and that also had to be treated.
Ear mites are extremely aggravating to them.
Loss of fur on ears could be mites, and if not, at least you'd be able to get closer to an accurate diagnosis if you ran her to the vets.

The looking exhausted all the time would worry me also.

bald ears??.dvm should be consulted,.mites,might be the problem,ear infection another,..not normal,hows the diet,and behavior??,sincerely james waller

Back