Baking question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenfur427

Reaction score
My oldest daugher will be turning 4 this month,and we're having a party at the house. I want to make treats where youbake the cake batter in ice cream cones, and you just frost it and eatthe whole thing.

My question is, I haven't made these before. I looked online, and eachwebsite tells me a different thing. Some say to fill the cone up 1/2way, others say 2/3, and I've even read 3/4.

Has anyone made these before? How much do you fill up the cone? I wantthere to be enough batter that it rises a bit above the cone whencompletly baked.

Thanks!

Maybe you could test out the various things before the party to see what you find works best.

They sound very yummy though. What a GREAT idea!

The way I was tought to make them you fill the cones up to about 1/2 in from the top.

This might differ though, depending on the type of batter and cones..

Yummmmmy!!! If you find a recipe,please PLEASE post it for me, ok? That would be so perfectfor my daughter...just a bit o' cake, instead of her asking for pieceafter piece (not that she's ever been allowed more than one...sugaraffects that girl like you wouldn't BELIEVE!!).

:D

All the recipes I've found just say to useregular cake batter and frosting. The only difference between all therecipes was the amount of batter to put in each cone. You would justuse the regular cones with the flat bottom, and place them carefully ina baking tray. I'll let you know how mine turn out.

My aunt started making these several years agofor her preschool class. Since then they have been at every childs bdayparty in the family. There is a cool variation where you put lessbatter in the cones so the cake rises to just below the top and you puta scoop of ice cream on top. Then you get your cake and Ice cream!

Latest posts

Back