Badly Torn Ear

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re-glue it...pack gauze against it and tape the bugger in place!
If you get enough tape on it he won't be able to budge it...its happened to us before too...he'll be mad as heck...but it'll help keep it stable and let it heal some!

Our war wound:

Picture0017.jpg

The aftermath!

Picture053.jpg

Dandi was mad as all heck get out...but his ear healed pretty well

Danielle

it was actually an ER dr who told me to just use super glue. My daughter had cut a split in her finger and we took her to the er where they glued it up. Of course, she picked it off before we got home. I called back and they told me it was just super glue. so from them on Ive did it myself.

the dog gashed his leg open on a piece of glass. over 2 inches long, but not deep. I super glued a bit at a time and then bandaged it up. took him to the vet the next day and they said it was great. saved me more than $100.

I try not to pay the vet any more than I have to. Thankfully he does take payments!
my friends at work joke about my $500 bunny

I've used superglue on small cuts and tears on bunnies, dogs, cats and even horses. works wonders, i use alcohol or betadine to clean the surface, glue it and bandage it to keep it closed. With the horses I've fed them anti-inflammatories, as well, but then again my princess i sso accustomed to getting anti-inflammatories for her eyes she doesn't mind anymore.

How is Michael's ear doing now? He sure is cute! Also, Neddie says differently eared buns are even more fun:

IMG_1288resized.jpg

The tip of his left ear is gone too.

Latest posts

Back