Bad pet store

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FreddysMom

Reaction score
so i was shopping today in the malland of course every mall has a petstore that noone can help but gointo..so i went in to see all the puppies freaking out as normal...butthey also had bunnies ...and nottiny babies either.. theywere all at least 2lbs...it was one jersey wooley and 4 lionheads...the wooley was being sold for $80 and the lion heads$70...whatta rip off!! ..anywho...some little boy was banging on theside of their tank, which may i add is open for anyone and everyone totouch the bunnies, and i asked him to stopand his reply wasto bang harder....his mom then yelled at me and i told her to superviseher child...their water was yellow and filled with woodshavings...their feet were yellowed and not that normal yellow tinge ..like really saturated yellow....they were all together and the employeei asked couldnt tell me whether they were fixed or not ...the wooleyguy definatelt had some matts on him too :(..i walked out ofthere sad ...

FreddysMom wrote:
and the lion heads $70...whatta rip off!!
I think it depends upon who you go to for lionheads and the quality ofthe lionheads....since they are a newer breed...they do tend to go formore money (although that isn't why I'm raising them).

Here in Texas, show quality lionheads go for $100 and up from goodbreeders and I've heard of one going for $225. Pet qualityfrom breeders start at $50 and up usually from the breeders who havethe best bloodlines - and $25 and up from some who don't have thebetter bloodlines and more distinguished looks...(aka mane).

However, I'm not saying that they weren't abusing their rabbits...don't take me wrong.

Peg

they were adorable of course, but in comparisonto the pictures of the lionheads you have posted their manes lookedvery thin and short....and i certainly cant justify spending $70 on abun when the employee cant even tell me if it is fixed or not!

Chances are they are all intact. Have you considered talking to the manager of the store or writing a letter.

I hate that so many pet stores sell rabbits but have no cluehow to properly care for them. That;s why I bought Misty and Stormy.It's so heartbreaking.

Tina

There was just a bunch of young girls working,who were impossible to talk to and extremely rude ..as if I were wrongfor asking questions! I am going to call tomorrow and make a stink...b/c there is no way those babies are mature enough to carry a litterand probably have already started fighting with each other!!

Call the Manager & make a "bigstink". Suggest that he use Yesterdays News instead of thepine/cedar. Tell him there are enough of us that live in NJthat we can boycott his store!!! That should motivatehim!!

FreddysMom wrote:
they were adorable of course, but in comparison to thepictures of the lionheads you have posted their manes looked very thinand short....and i certainly cant justify spending $70 on a bun whenthe employee cant even tell me if it is fixed or not!
Oh wow....that makes me feel good about my lionheads. Ireally need to take more pictures this week and post them of both thebabies and the herd. It still amazes me how different theyall are with personalities, etc.

I'm trying to start narrowing down which ones I'm going to keep out of my litters. I've got it from 17 to....17...

Nope...only kidding. I'm eyeing about 6-8 of them andwatching them in particular. However, it is going to be hardto let some of them go....I think Art has picked out one he wants us tokeep...fortunately, it is one of the 6-8 I'm watching (it's a chestnutcolored one).

Peg

I will say a prayer for youand the bunnies.

I fussed and fussed until the manger/owner said she wouldn'tsell anymore, it was to much of a hassle. Good luck tomorrow and let usknow how it goes as I am worried about them.

Tina

TinysMom wrote:
Oh wow....that makes me feel good about my lionheads. Ireally need to take more pictures this week and post them of both thebabies and the herd. It still amazes me how different theyall are with personalities, etc.

I'm trying to start narrowing down which ones I'm going to keep out of my litters. I've got it from 17 to....17...

Nope...only kidding. I'm eyeing about 6-8 of them andwatching them in particular. However, it is going to be hardto let some of them go....I think Art has picked out one he wants us tokeep...fortunately, it is one of the 6-8 I'm watching (it's a chestnutcolored one).

Peg
I really like the lil guy who was the first one to open hiseyes... i love those stocky full faces...it reminds me of Rose's Bub'sface

FreddysMom wrote:
I really like the lil guy who was the first one to open hiseyes... i love those stocky full faces...it reminds me of Rose's Bub'sface
Sorry - I don't mean to hijack this thread - but I have to say thoseare my favorites too....which is funny because they aren't from my bestlines (pedigree wise).

Peg

Latest posts

Back