Bad Morning

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daisy052104

Reaction score
I was woke up this morning from a phone call from my Dad. My grandma, who was fightingpancreatic cancer for almost a year, lost her fight at 6:40 this morning. She had started to decline in her health for the last month pretty steadily. On Thursday of last week my dad called me and told me that she had to be taken off all of her meds. As soon as he told me this I knew she wouldn't be with us for much longer. They had to take her off her pills because she would choke on them as she took them. She has never had problems taking her pills. I knew this day would be coming pretty soon but you still are never ready for it. All of my husbands grandparents are gone. And the only one I have left is my grandpa on my dad's side. The sad thing is I know nothing about him and dont have any kind of relationship at all with him. (He and my grandma who just passed away got divorced when my dad was a baby. Needless to say my dad doesnt have any kind of relationship at all with him either.)

Sorry for the long post. Thanks for letting me get this all out.

:hug2 I'm so sorry. I know how hard it is, when you know they're going to go but they're still hanging on. Last summer my grandmother, my last remaining grandparent, had a stroke and fell and hit her head. She was brain dead so they removed life support, and she lived several days longer then expected. But it's not like any miracle could have fixed the damage.

We're here if you need us.

Hi I'm sorry to hear that you have lost her and it is never easy even when we know but at least she is not suffering any more. Her time had just come. I remember when my gran was taken into hospital, her illness wasn't severe in itself but because of her age she had lots of complications and we went up to see her in hospital. She lived about three hours drive away and the last time we visited her before we went home there wasn't really a real reason for her to die but I looked at her and somehow I knew I wouldn't see her again. Shortly after that she died of an embolism as a complication of an operation they gave her on her bowel.

Sticking together as a family is very important at this time. Please let us know how you are getting on, will be thinking about you.

I'm really sorry to hear about your grandma. You and your family will be in my thoughts. :hug2

Love Eve xox

Heading out this morning for Grandma's funeral. It's gonna be a long day. Please keep us in your thoughts as we are out on the road. Thanks for your continued support.

I'm back home now. The service for grandma was really nice. She would have been proud of the decisions that my dad, aunt, and uncles made. All of my cousins were there and some of them I dont know when the last time that I saw them was. We spent alot of time together playing cards, croquet, tag (that was very humorous, we had 3 generations all playing together) and sat around and talked. It was really a good thing. But it's nice to be home.

Aww...are you doing okay?

Hugs to you and your family during this difficult time (and the times from now on when you miss her).

:hug1:group:group

I wish there were something I could say that would help, but really, a hug is the best thing. :)

Much love to you and your family.

I'm doing good considering all the emotions I've had go through me the last week. Today I made my grandma's sugar cookies. I'd made them once before she died and something wasn't quite the same. I don't think they ever will be the same (different oven, different town, different cookie sheets) but the one's I made today are probably the closest I'll come to grandma's cookies. My family has a reunion every october and I'm planning on making them to share with my family. Hope they like them as much as hers. If they do I'll need to make a double batch!

Thanks again for all the thoughts, hugs and continued support. I really love what this forum has done for me, and not just bunny help.:groupparty:Holly sends her love as well.:bunnyheart

Aww...that's so sweet of an idea, making her cookies! What a good idea. :)

I know what you mean...things like that are never the same, but it's a wonderful idea to cook them! She must've sent you her love in those cookies. :)

We love ya, Hun, and we're always here for ya! :)

daisy052104 wrote:
I'm doing good considering all the emotions I've had go through me the last week. Today I made my grandma's sugar cookies. I'd made them once before she died and something wasn't quite the same. I don't think they ever will be the same (different oven, different town, different cookie sheets) but the one's I made today are probably the closest I'll come to grandma's cookies. My family has a reunion every october and I'm planning on making them to share with my family. Hope they like them as much as hers. If they do I'll need to make a double batch!

Thanks again for all the thoughts, hugs and continued support. I really love what this forum has done for me, and not just bunny help.:groupparty:Holly sends her love as well.:bunnyheart

Back