Bad habit?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spot

Reaction score
I like let my bunny Hopper roam around my back yard but I always have her harness on her.Well lately I've noticed that she only likes to be picked up when she has her harness on.If I pick her up without it I don't know if she doesn't feel secure or what but she scratches me and tries to get back in her hutch:grumpy:Is it ok to only pick my bunny up when she has her harness on or is this a bad habit?I'm also kind of afraid that without her harness,she will jump out of my arms.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I kind of go with whatever is easiest and works best. My rabbits hate to be picked up. If I have to move them, I will put them in a carrier because they try to get out of my arms no matter how I hold them. It is easier and safer. Doing that, I am avoiding the hassle of picking them up. But it works for us and is easier. So I say do whatever works best and is easier for all of you. If that means only picking Hopper up when the harnest is on, I would do that.

Ty, I am wondering if you only hold her on a harness for a while, then try to wean her off the harness. If she would be better about you holding her. I am not sure what type of harness you have but hold her for awhile, a few weeks with the harness. Then only put the harness partially on. Then if she responds well to that, try to hold her without the harness.

Ok that sounds good.I use a figure 8 harness right now.I hate that type of harness even though Hopper does good on it.I plan to get a different type in the future.I will try doing that.Thanks!:)

Back