Bad Day

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KrisandSoup

Reaction score
My bunny soup is now 11 about to be 12 next april. A few days ago she got "sick" im not sure what exactly happened.

First i take her out she is fine happy as ever.
then She starts getting really tired.. Cant keep her eyes open nothing
Then She starts shaking a little bit and peeing on her self. SHE HAS NEVER DONE THAT. she is potty trained and hasnt done this since she was 2.
After that she looks like she is falling asleep and cant stay awake.
HONESTLY the most scared ive ever been i thought i was losing her.
This went on for about 2 hours.
Then like it never happened she popped out and began doing her normal bunny things.

Has anyone else experience this before???

Its now been 4 days since and she is healthy like she was the day before it happened.

Any suggestions?

Those symptoms sound like she may have had a seizure or maybe a mini stroke. You could call your vet and ask them what they think.

Yea. I thought it was a seizure. she had a little one 2 years ago but not as bad as this. I was wondering if anyone elses bunny had the same thing. I cant take her to the dr. We live about 2 hours away from the nearest rabbit doctor. I called the nearest vet the didnt know what i was talking about.... And her dr is always busy

dianerae wrote:
I am sorry to hear about your bunny . It does sound like either a TIA (small stroke) or a seizure. I hope she is doing better now. You r both in my prayers :pray::pray:

Agreed. I would call her normal vet and get their oppinion/have her see the vet to be sure everything is alright.

lol, your bunny's name is Soup? that's so cute!!

I agree, I'd call her regular vet and see if you can get an opinion over the phone at least.

I hope she continues to do well! :pray:

Thank you all. She is as happy as ever going to the dr next week. the scarist day of my life.... Weve been together for half my life. her name is soup becausr everyone kept saying they were going to make soup outta her and it stuck haha

Back