Bad day

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FriendOfTheBunnies

Reaction score
Sorry guys, i don't expect any responses, I'vejust had a really bad day and needed to vent a little...Sorry.... but anyways: My day:

: Cause: I was running late, I sped in a small town,cop pulled me over, cop gave me a warning & called my sleepingdad

: Effect: 1) I am the most lazy person he knows

2) I should have been home earlieranyways...3) *all direct quotes,btw* I am of no use to this world
4) He was a failure as a parent and I am a failure as a child
5) I should show him more respect
6) I am "tearing him and mom apart"
7) I am once again.. INCREDIBLY lazy
8) I do no good for anything
9) I am worthless
10) I should take more hours in school ( I am currently taking between 15 & 18)
11) I should help out at the barn, b/c I never do (yeah.. exept 2 hrs every day!)
12) I should show some sighns of usefullness
13) ... oh it goes on forever.. but I can't physically type any more... I can't see the keyboard
basically, I am a failure as a child, I am lazy, stupid, and of no use to the world, and only serve to "hurt" them

sidenote:
mom never said a word, just cried on the side
END

sounds like fun, eh? oh well... at least I have buster& Babs (my bunnies) to keep me comforted... and justso you knowI really don't expect any responses, I love youall reguardless, I just needed somewhere to vent... thanks guys

No, you shouldn't have been speeding.

The rest of it, sadly, sounds a lot like the scene when my son wasgrowing up. Since I, personally, don't know what is going onin your home, I can really only listen to you. And, everyoneneeds someone to listen to them.

I will, however, say that you are not tearing your mom &dad apart. There is another, underlying cause, and you arebeing targeted because it's easier to do that than for them to take anhonest look at themselves. I will remember you in my prayers!

"When you change the way you look at things.....The things you look at change." - Dr. Wayne Dyer.

No thanks needed. Been there, so I knowwhat it's like. I've got to go to bednow. You need to, too. Cuz, guesswhat.....Tomorrow's another day. Make it the best youcan.

As I used to tell my son.....Sleep tight and don't let the bed bugs bite!

Gosh, FriendoftheBunnies,

That's some pretty harsh words fora simple warning about aspeeding. God knows we've all done it at one point oranother. It doesn't make you a complete loss.

For what it's worth, from what I know of you, you're

Loving

Compassionate

Generous

Intelligent

Funny

Giving

and Kind

Chin up. Things will improve, but I'm sorry that you had thatsort of day. They hurt and are difficult to getthrough. Hoping today will be 100% better.

-Carolyn

Look at the bright side at least you only got a warning! I have gottentickets in the past still paying for them. Totally my own fault I wasspeeding. As I got older I started going much slower. Learn from thepast don't dwell on it and let it bring you down you cant change it.Move on with your new knowledge and have a brighter future. :cool:

Hope you have a better day today!!! :cool:

FriendoftheBunnys,

Sorry for your bad day. Hopefully soon you'll be able toleave the negative environment that you have been growing upin. Try not to take what your Dad says to heart (I knoweasier said than done) and try to be as positive as you can.Stay out of his way. Try to avoid anything that will set himoff. Is there a teacher at school or a guidance counsler thatyou can just talk too......to help reinforce that you are not afailure.....that you're young and sometimes you makemistakes......thatlife is a learning process. Youare a good person.....take care of yourself and keep lovin thosebunnies.

Hi,

Sorry to hear your having a bad time butthings could be worse. I'm only 17 but have been through alot in mylife trust me every experince in life you learn something from both thegood and bad. Aniamls can give us comfort as it is said that strokingan animal is calming and reassuring so it's good that you sit with yourrabbits from time to time. You can send me a private message antime youwant about anything, i'd like to help if i can.

Love Carrots (Catherine) :)

Thanks so much guys, I really can't say how muchit means to me... but anyways, today is another day (and I most likelywill have no contact with my dad since he works all day) so I amfeeling a little better. I just needed somewhere to spilleverything, and ya'll were just the lucky ones :?. Anyways, Idoubt I'll be living here much longer anyways, so all should be fineeventually. But really, ya'll are great people and I truelydo appreciate everything... thank you.

On a happier note: Buster and Babs are doing great, happy asever. Aren't bunnies wonderful?! Hehe, thanks againguys!

Glad to hear that Buster and Babs are doing great. :)

Hang in there, FriendoftheBunnies. You're a good person andyou have a lot to offer. Sure am glad to have met youracquaintance. You are Most Worthwhile, I canpromise you that.

Bunnies certainly are wonderful. They know just how to actwhen we're down and out. It always blows me away how theysense how we're feeling and respond appropriately.

You take good care, and give Buster and Babs a big hug.

-Carolyn

Wow, you are in my thoughts. Nothinghurts more than being verbally tormented by people you love...you'renotalone there. Sadly, I think that's how a lot ofpeople take out their frustrations. I'm sorry you have to gothrough this. I know your parents love you and feel horriblefor the way they reacted. I hope you make up soon.Keep your head up, and give those two adorable bunnies a hug for all ofus!

-Carrie, Martin, and Emmit

I'm not defending your father's reaction, but tryto understand the stress of being the person on the other end of thephone when the police call. I still recall the sick feelingin my stomach when the police called to tell me my mother haddied. Or the phone call from the police (when I was in my 8thmonth of pregnancy), to let me know my husband had been in an accidentand I needed to meetthe policeat thehospital. I arrived at the hospital only to be told there hadbeen a fatality that morning, but they didn't know anything about myhusband. It took over an hour to get the info that my husbandwas fine -- but sadly the person he hit had died.

The point I'm trying to get at is that I'm sure the phone call wasupsetting to your father and unfortunately, he reacted in aninappropriate manner.

Pam

Remember tomorrow is a fresh day with no mistakes in it.

couple quotes i like

"Be who you are and say what you feel,because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don'tmind"-Dr. Suess

Friend: One who Knows all about you, And likes you just the same.

everyone needs to vent now andthen even more so under stress. I say spoil youselfspend some extra time with your buns or something and take a smallrelaxing break even if only for a couple hours, you'll feel better:)

Gabby wrote:
Remember tomorrow is a fresh day with no mistakes in it.

Every single night, my son Matthew (5) kisses everyone goodnight and says "Remember, tomorrow is your special day!".

Everyday holds the promise of something special, even if only for a moment :)

Pam

Back