Bad bunny mommy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babbs

Reaction score
I am such a bad and irrresponsible bunny mommy!I have cried quite a bit and would not blame any who "let me have it"because I showed plain ignorance yesterday!

Robin was out on the porch with me having his run time and I had my newlop on the table with me so I could brush his hair. Well, the two boyshave seen and smelled each other through the cages and on me so Ithought I would see how they would act together. I put my lop on thefloor and was bent over arms streched out ready to break up any fight.Robin hopped over to lop and as he got closer I started moving closerthinking about going ahead and picking him up before they even cameinto contact but didn't. Robin jumped on lop's back and just I lungedto grabbed him, needless to say it wasn't a fight. I snatched him offas soon as he was on lop and don't even know if he even found"anything" to make it count. I thought they were both boys. Do males dothis to other males to show dominance? If my lop is actually a girlthen I am so in for it. He/she is just a baby. What have I done. Idon't want to breed bunnies and think it is totally irresponsible forsomeone without proper knowledge and experience to do so. I so hope mylop is a boy! I can't help but look at him and cry for my stupidity.

Please tell me there is still a good chance that my lop is boy. I am fully ready to take responsibility for my actions if not.

Another question, if Robin showed this "action", does this mean he hashit maturity and can be altered now? I am unsure of the age because hewas from a pet shop. And yes I do plan on altering all my bunnies. Ihad no plans on breeding.

No worries, I have two bunny boys who wouldoccassionally do that before they were neutered (and once or twiceaftter!). I won't say that your other bunny isn't a girl, just incase,but rabbits do that as a show of dominance. He is just saying that hewill be in control. :)

But if you do continue to see it happen, be sure and always stop it.A boy bunny can get injured that way!

Good luck with the new bunny! :)

DONT PANIC!!! :D All rabbits do this toshow dominance, male or female; they usually start this behavior afterthey are 12 weeks old. I have one weird female who will do this toother rabbits faces :shock: she is a weird one anyways! I probablywouldn’t let your two males in the same room with each other until theyare neutered, and even then they will probably still show dominancethat way. All rabbits will probably do this even if they are neutered:D

~Amy

Thanks for the reassurance. I was told by bothpet stores when I bought them that they were boys. I have checkedmyself but could have sworn Robin looked like female and the lop lookedlike a male. Goes to show how good I am at telling. It helps me a smallamount to know that males will do this to other males.

Lindsey, thanks for your reply. And there are no worries in this everhappeaning again, I will NOT let them together until the alters aredone.

Laura, I will call and talk to the vet about this. Thanks.

Amy, thank you. Your post made me feel a bit better, though I stillcould smack the you know what out of mysekf for being so dumb! The twoare housed in seperate cages and will NOT get to meet at play timetogether until they are altered.

Your silly girl bunny. Someone should let her know she is a bit mixed up! ;)

ayglnu13 wrote:
I have one weird female who will do this to otherrabbits faces :shock: she is a weird one anyways!
My little Holland Lop does that too! She did it from thefirst day I got her. She was only eight weeks old!I had her spayed almost three months ago and she still does it fromtime to time. She's a little freak!

Laura

Latest posts

Back