Bad Bunny BK!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lemonaxis

Reaction score
While my bunny BK was recently quite ill, I was totally interested only in his recovery. Now he has almost fully recovered and is back to his old bad habits.:?

He is generally such a sweet little man but he:

Pees in his litter box then stretches out and lies in his pee and turns over to cover himself in the foul stench. He falls asleep in his litter box and then gets up and makes a mess of the house with the smell. :grumpy:

I used to wash him a lot but can't keep up it all the time! Now I just wait till it gets pretty bad and spray him with rabbit shampoo. He loves the attention of a warm bath too.

Anyone else got this issue?

I finaly had to put a grid in Binkie's litter pan.

She used to dig all the litter out first, pee, and then lay in it....ewwwwww!

What are you putting in the litterbox? A lot of rabbits use their litterbox as a hangout so it's important to put something in there that will absorb the pee so it doesn't get back on him.

Well I have tried all kinds of litter optios and all BK does is make a dash for his litter tray and then furiously dig out everything until to a projectile radius of around 2 metres.:shock::grumpy:
I guess I will just have to put up with it until I find a better way.

Although I have tried making his litter area totally boring and I remove him when I see he is finished his business. I give him a snack too.
He just loves hanging out in his box, in his pee and then he gruts for cuddles...lol
Boys eh?...;)

Have you tried putting a grid over the actual litter, as JimD suggested? That might just work. ;) (And you've got nothing to lose by trying, right?)

I am currently looking out for a grid that will fit over his litter box...hopefully he approves. He is the bunny and I am the slave after all ;)

lemonaxis wrote:
I am currently looking out for a grid that will fit over his litter box...hopefully he approves. He is the bunny and I am the slave after all ;)

I used something I had laying around in the workshop. I think it was part of the old clothes dryer.

IMG_1349.jpg

IMG_1346.jpg

Sometimes you can find plastic grids that are made for the fluorescent light fixtures.

Some members use a plastic screen that you can find in craft stores. By me its called "plastic canvas"

Thanks for being so helpful.
To be honest this week has been so hectic that I have being putting up with BK's smelly bot.
GRID is the way to go, will let you know , hopefully with pics, how it goes...

Thank you!!!:D

A lot of members (myself included) also use the plastic knitting screens you can get in craft stores, or Walmart in the knitting section. Just cut it to fit.

:)

My one guy is a digger, so he digs all the litter out, my other girl is a litter eater, so she eats litter like it's dinner.... I can't lvie without those screens, life is so much easier.

I really hadn't thought of the canvas! That is a really good idea. Does anyone have a problem with them chewing it?

As for sleeping and diggingin his box... Have you tried maybe supplying a bed or a box that he could dig in so he won't play with his litter?

JimD wrote:
I finaly had to put a grid in Binkie's litter pan.

She used to dig all the litter out first, pee, and then lay in it....ewwwwww!
I was just going to say that some people get grids to put over the litter to keep them out of it. I've considered doing this for Cloverbunny cause she drags her blankies into the box sometimes....... Bo does too. I think they do it cause it's softer than their woody pet to sit and potty on. :X

Latest posts

Back