bad bunny behaviour

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digitalsushi

Reaction score
my bunny mimi has changed behaviour. after moving house4 weeks agomy bunsnowhave a hutch outside and i letthemout in the backyard. theyused to live in an apartment and hadtheir hutch on the balcony and but spent most oftheir time inside with me.

i could never pickmimi up since i got her, but she was always affectionate- liked pats and cuddles and i could hand feed her.now i can't and i've completely lost my bond with her. if i put my hand in the hutch for a cuddle or to drop some food in there for the buns, she just bites mea nd runs at my hand (obviously feeling threatened) - she doesn't like to stay outside once i let the buns out of the hutch, she runs into the house and hangs out in the loungeroom. a week ago she ran and bit my 3 year oldniecewho was trying to pat her when she was inside and left her with a really nasty bite that drew blood. when I have to put her out in the hutch at night- i try to usher her into her bunny carrier to get her back in to not stress her out, but she makes this horrible grunting noise (that upsets me)and againtries torun at me.

i don't want her to have to live permanently in the hutch, however i can't have her in the house permanently. i'm thinking of buying the giant hutch/house - so she can
still have a hutch withlots of running space,though i feel like i'll be cutting her off from her freedom.

my other bun, has no temprement change since moving, he's still as cuddly and friendly as ever since moving - they were very friendly up until a few weeks ago (they spent time sleeping with each other, grooming, however now they seem to not want to hang out when i let them out everyday. she goes into the house, whereas angus frolicks in the garden)

anyone have any ideas what could be upsetting her? i'm so upset that she's not happyand shedoesn't love me anymore :sosad

1r6agx.jpg

happier times with mimi

How old is she? Is she spayed?

I would say she's still pretty upset about the move and I'm guessing maybe she liked being inside with you and doesn't understand why things have changed.

I'm sure others will have better answers for you - my heart goes out to you. I had a mini lop but he was a sweetheart and loved everyone.

Thank youTM :')

She is nearly 1 year old in April and she was spayed at the beginning of January. I completely understand that she might be finding it hard to settle in as she always had the run of the apartment but unfortunately she can't be the inside escapee she once was.. tehe :)

:hug:sounds like one very annoyed bun! she could be upset at her move - my doe roxy (who has never been a snuggly bun) sulks for england when i move her bunnery around. her hutch has to be in a certain position as does the pillow that she relaxes on. mine are free range during the day - they can go into their garden if they choose.

the biting may be her way of saying 'leave me alone' her posture and body language will say that also and biting will result when someone doesnt take the hint. it could be also that she is territorial - you are in her loungeroom!

give her time - any house move is stressful for pets:)

Thank you Hartely for your advice. I will stick at it, and give her somespace to see if she settles.:)

Poor Mimi, she's obviously just trying to piece her little bunny life back to together- and here's her silly hooman sticking her nose in where it's not wanted. tehe

roxy blames me for everything and lets me know it!!;)

just an afterthought - is mimi eating and drinking ok? bunnies are very good at hiding a problem:p

26347_10150116192060215_903705214_11525586_645848_n.jpg

As not having bunnies as pets before, I tell you I had no idea that they were such complex litte flowers :)

tehe, it's funny you mention food, as i took thiscandid yesterday. :biggrin2:still as greedy as ever.

LOL - roxy likes to think of herself as a high maintenance lady, nothing but the best! just when you think you've done all the research into them and you know what to expect, they throw a curveball!

Latest posts

Back