Bad behavior.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ana_The_Dreamer

Reaction score
Well, I'm back from vacation. Nessa did wonderfully, according to her pet sitter. (Though she apparently did try to nip the sitter a couple times.) When I came back I was so excited to see her! I walked into the room (expecting a joyful bunny) aaaand Nessa completely ignored me. I tried to pet her and was greeted with a harsh bite. After that all she's done is ignore me and try to bite me! Talk about disappointment. When I opened up her cage to let her out, she wouldn't budge from the corner she had been sitting in. I ended up just scooping her out. She just sat in the corner of my living room, staring at me, and hunched over. After a few minutes she went wild! Digging in my carpet, chewing my furniture (something she's never done before), scratching at the floor trim, peeing on everything, jumping on my side tables, etc. It was like I had unleashed the Tasmanian devil!
I tried to let her out earlier today and she was just as bad (She tried to bite my Dad when he walked past her today.)
Is her behavior this bad because she was cooped up for a week? To anyone who asks, no she's not spayed. I've seen her hormonal behavior, and I just don't think this is the same thing. I want her to be able to come out of her cage, but when she's peeing on everything in sight and chewing up my house, I just can't do it. Does anyone have any advice?

Boy! Is somebunny unhappy with being left or what! And she's making sure you know it!

Have you tried sitting and just holding and petting her for a while? You could also try sitting with her in a small enclosed area like an xpen if you have one, or a bathroom might work, and just sit with her giving her treats and new boxes and toys to check out. If she's wanting to bite, you may have to wear thick clothes, just don't let her think you'll leave or back away if she bites.

Also make sure she is eating ok, and that this change of behavior isn't health related.

getting a bunny fixed nixs the peeing. I am on my fourth fixed rabbit, and even had a fixed and an unaltered at the same time.

Get your rabbit fixed.

JBun: The sitting in an x-pen idea sounds great. I might try that. Her eating is fine, she's a regular piggy.
Bunnyman666: Trust me, I've been trying to get her fixed. Every vet I've gone to gives me a price of $300+. Oh, and my "get the rabbit fixed" savings jar is now being drained. My wonderful dog decided to rip my carpet to shreds (by one of my bedroom doors) while I was away! Sigh. :(

Back