Bad Batch of Hay?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwolfec

Reaction score
My bunnies are really great about eating their hay. They love it actually. So I went to the pet store to buy a larger quantity (I almost buy Kaytee brand Timothy Hay and they've never had anything else). I buy the biggest bag I can find. I come home and freshen up every place they have hay. In their litter boxes, in their basket, everywhere.

They won't touch it. It's the same stuff I've ALWAYS used. They haven't eaten hardly any all day. Is there such a thing as a bad batch? Maybe I should just go back and try another bag...? Has anyone had this happen?

The only time I ever had this happen is when I bought a bale that was just to dusty. I always buy a 50 pounds bale Fraggles eats so much hay that I could easily spend $50 dollars a week on those bags of hay. 50 pounds lasts two and a half months and its only $13 dollars.

I agree, go to a feed store and get a bale of hay. MUCH cheeper than the bags. Better quality too. Most places will let you pick out the bale that you want even.

I wouldn't necessarily think a bad batch. Bunnys are "royalty" If it doesn't taste exactly the way they want it to, why should they eat it?

So long as the hay is dry, smells good, looks good and isn't sporting little specks of mould, I'd say its good. However hay is grown all over the place so some grown in 1 field may taste different then that grown 3 miles away.

Latest posts

Back