Backyard Bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The red rectangles around the square is the fence. The blue rectangles are the two doors leading Out of my backyard. And my house is on the bottom. I have tons of flowers, roses daisies etc... on the right hand side right along the fence. My mom has2 gardens one on the left and one on the top right hand corner. The rest of the backyard is grass. about 4m from my house there is a cement patio. Would it be safe to take bun buns out?

Ill put up a better picture of where everything is.

Do you mean in a run or running free in your garden?

If youmean running free in your garden then you need to make sure that there are no places a bunny could dig/chew/jump his way out of. Also that no animals, i.e. cats or whatever can get into the garden. In addition to that you need to make sure that all the plants that you have in your garden are safe for your bunny, many things are toxic so if you decide to let him run free, and don't know what certain plants are, it's better to err on the side of caution and remove them.

If you intend to let him run in a run, I can't see a problem with that.My buns love their runs (we have several), and it's far safer for them.You can get fairly cheap runs that are pretty big, just make sure that they havea lid, and the bunny has plenty of shade in it. Also things like toilet rolls and flower pots make great toys.

My advice is get a large dog exercise pen - or make one from NIC cubes and put him in that in your yard and stay out in the yard with him if you have him out there.

The reason I suggest that is because in most parts of Toronto there are hawks - a lot of them. I have them in my area, I know Sooska has them in hers. I hear them often, so I know they are there.

Always provide your bunny with somewhere to hide - boxes etc.And I would really not suggest leaving them out in your yard without sitting out there watching.

I take mine out to my yard in a pen that they can run around in, and I stay out and watch them. A cute bunny running around in the yard looks like yummy dinner for a lot of prey birds.

_________
Nadia

Latest posts

Back