Back problems

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok so I've just noticed whenever I touch my rabbits back near her back legs she pushes her bum on the ground and it looks like she's in a bit of pain she is moving, hopping around, eating, drinking, pooing and peeing but I'm very worried as it doesn't look right. Does anyone think this could be serious? If it is I'm def going to take her to the vets HOPING they let me pay off the bill as I do not have any money right now !! but I'll do whatever it takes to know what's wrong with her. I'm very upset ATM because I hate seeing her in pain. I just need everyone's advice in what you might think it would be, thanks heaps :(

The only way to know what's going on is to take her to the vet and get x- rays to see what might be wrong with her back. I too hope you can work out a payment arrangement for that.

Get her to the vet asap. Don't mess around with her back. You don't want her to become paralyzed. I'm sure if you have a decent vet they can work out payment arrangments. Get her in asap and keep us posted and let us know what they say.

I hope everything turns out ok.

Vanessa

Are you sure she's not just being submissive and flattening herself? I have a bun that will flatten herself if I pet her back end, but doesn't seem to be in any discomfort.

If she does seem to be uncomfortable, it could be some arthritis. If so, daily metacam can be helpful(if no kidney or liver issues).

Latest posts

Back