Back From West Virginia Rabbit Show

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pamnock

Reaction score
We had a really nice time at a show in West Virginia today -- very scenic area.

I judged for 7 hours and did a lot of big breeds today includingCheckered Giants, Flemish Giants, New Zealands, Creme D'Argents,English Lops, French Lops, and Satins as well as some smaller breeds --Mini Lops, Holland Lops, American Fuzzy Lops, Jersey Woolies,Harlequins, and Havanas. Busy day, but had a lot of fun! :)

Pam

Wow! :shock:They sure kept you busy!

I've been busy redoing my barn these past 2 weeks! :DIt allstarted with spring cleaning but the rabbits ended up 'moving' to thegarage. I decided since I was dragging everything out I'd redo somethings that I hated with the barn. One of those things done would beanew floor in so no more wood floor! :pInstead nowI have fiber glass sheets as my floor which I love! So far it seemseasily to clean but then again the rabbits aren't back in the barn yet.So then I was waiting on my shipment of urine guards. I got thoseyesterday and stuck them on all the cages. I have to say it looks a lotmore 'professional now LOL! Except some of the rabbits 'get lost'within the urine guards. Like tonight when I came home from work, on aside profile all I could see were 'little ears' :DSo I getall excitied about moving my rabbits back into the barn yesterday butit didn't happen! I had been talking with my father and wedecided to restain the shed since it was so sun faded and had a poorquality stain. So thats what we are in the middle of now! We've got oneside left to do yet and I have to say myself that it looks nice!:DIt's gone from like an Indian Red to a Barn Red!:DIf all goes well I might get to move my rabbits in the barnon Monday or Tuesday!!

So this project has taken longer then I thought. Wellsomeoneforgot she had a doe bred. :XSo I'm in abind now on when to move this doe as shes due Monday and has alreadymade her nest and pulled some fur and is being VERY protective over hernest. :shock:

Ohhh... another thing! I got my polish doe bred today! :D

Hmmmm... how I got so off topic from 'shows' I don't know LOL! Well, Iguess I had to miss a show cause I was putting the floor in.LOL!

Amanda

Dearest Friend,

You went above-and-beyond for my birthday. I'll be calling you today in honor of Mother's Day and to Thank You.

Glad you're home safe-and-sound, and really thrilled you got to judge the Big Beasts. Hope the Checkereds were nice to you.

Yay, PAM!! :dude:

Love,
-Carolyn

Good thing it's a"good tired"! :dude:Always love hearing about yourgallivanting around!

Didn't bring home any extras this time did you?

Raspberry

RaspberrySwirl wrote:

Didn't bring home any extras this time did you?

Raspberry

No new additions this time LOL I did love the Creme D'Argentsthough, and enjoyed judging some beautiful animals. I'll bejudging a Creme specialty this fall, which I am really looking forwardto. I like to work on making my comments very breed specific,so doing specialties is a lot of fun for me.Whenjudgingmany different breeds during the day,thereisa tendency to fall into the "generic comment rut" becauseit's so hard to keep each individualized standard in your head.

I did spend a lot of time talking to a Harlequin breeder yesterday andreally enjoyed learning more about the intricacies of thebreed. I find them to be one of the most difficult breeds tojudge. Since they are one of the less common breeds, judgesdon't get an opportunity to handle them much or to learn more aboutthem.

Of course the best part of traveling to shows is getting to spend hourson the trip talking to the love of my life (my husband), eating out andcrashing at the hotel after a long trip:) Matthewalso enjoys the trips and loves staying at hotels.

Pam

Carolyn wrote:
Dearest Friend,

You went above-and-beyond for my birthday. I'll be calling you today in honor of Mother's Day and to Thank You.

Glad you're home safe-and-sound, and really thrilled you got to judge the Big Beasts. Hope the Checkereds were nice to you.

Yay, PAM!! :dude:

Love,
-Carolyn

Most certainly had the opportunity to judge a lot of those "big beasts"yesterday LOL. It's hard judging the Checkered without theproper table set up (long table with a high fenced back so they don'tjump off the table). The Checkereds weren't too wildyesterday, but the "lady" I picked for BOB certainly did want myfingers for lunch! Always have to pay close attention whenchecking the teeth of those monsters! :shock:

Pam

Dwarf_Angel04 wrote:
So this project has taken longer then I thought.
Ohhh... another thing! I got my polish doe bred today! :D

Amanda

Can't wait to hear news of your first Polish litter!

I certain know how projects can get dragged out -- I can't wait untilthe day when the interior of my rabbitry is done and I can post somephotos.

Pam

pamnock wrote:
Ofcourse the best part of traveling to shows is getting to spend hours onthe trip talking to the love of my life (my husband),
Pam
This clarification cracks meup!

I think you have to clarify when you havea lot of kids and a hobby you are crazy about! Not all women cansaytheir husband is the love of their life.

Mine istoo! Carolyn teases me about it all the time!:X

Raspberry

RaspberrySwirl wrote:
pamnock wrote:
Of course thebest part of traveling to shows is getting to spend hours on the triptalking to the love of my life (my husband),
Pam
This clarification cracks meup!

!
Raspberry

Wanted to be certain that I was crystal clear on that one ;)

Pam

pamnock wrote:
Can't wait to hear news of your first Polish litter!

I certain know how projects can get dragged out -- I can't wait untilthe day when the interior of my rabbitry is done and I can post somephotos.

Pam
I was going to finishstaining the one side of the barn todayand move everyone back in the barn.But then a doe decided topop today rather then tomorrow! So thats ruined a little bitof my plans! I won't move her cage unit for a day or so now that shesgot kits. LOL!

I REALLLY love my walls in my barn. I can't recall the name of thematerial but its easy to clean! You can even write on the walls withdry erase markers. It's so easy when it comes for spring cleaning! AllI do is put toliet bowl cleaner in a spray bottle and just spray at theurine on the walls. Followed with a spray down of bleach. It took meabout 20 mins to toliet bowl clean and bleach down my walls! Of coursemy barn is small (8 x 12).

mambo101 wrote:
That amazing. I was also checking out Creme D'Argents at theButler show and wondering how I could add one to my brood.;)

The Cremes are stunning.As youngsters, theyaresolid orange,then thecoat beginstoturn the creamy coloras they age.

Pam

bluebird wrote:
We went to the Butler show.My daughter won a polish buck hesa black broken so now we are looking for a doe for him.bluebird
Welcome aboard!
You shouldn't have too many problems finding a doe for the broken black once you find a breeder. ;)

I fell in love with on particular polish when I did a 'oh let me see ifI wanna get Polish' shop. It ended up that he's a broken blue out of abroken blue and chocolate. So I went on a search for a black doe thatcarried dilute. In a short 2 weeks I found one and hopefully she ishappily bred. :D

Theres a small Polish fever forming.. however it hasn't reached the highly contagious level yet. :D

Bluebird, remind me again what breeds you raise? I've got ND's or DH's stuck in my head for some reason on what you raise. :p

pamnock wrote:
Most certainly had the opportunity to judge a lot of those "big beasts"yesterday LOL. It's hard judging the Checkered without theproper table set up (long table with a high fenced back so they don'tjump off the table). The Checkereds weren't too wildyesterday, but the "lady" I picked for BOB certainly did want myfingers for lunch! Always have to pay close attention whenchecking the teeth of those monsters! :shock:

Pam

Yay! Gladyou were able to get by without any stitches or having to visit theambulance. I'm glad you had fun.

-Carolyn

Carolyn wrote:

Yay! Gladyou were able to get by without any stitches or having to visit theambulance. I'm glad you had fun.

-Carolyn

Some of those Checkereds have put a serious hurt on the judges -- you really have to pay close attention!

Pam

You must be extremely fast or extremely lucky,Doc!

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back