Back from the show!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pamnock

Reaction score
We're back from the show I was judging in NewYork. This was my last long trek for the springseason. We left early Friday morning, so had time to swing byNiagra Falls and take some photos, then continue our trek to Frankfort,New York. It ended up taking us about 10 hours to make it upthere.

The show was huge -- 2300 rabbits entered. I judged for 9hours with a 15 minute break,so I'm exhaustedtoday! I judged aNetherland Dwarf specialty showand for the regular show, I judged American Chinchillas, American FuzzyLops, French Lops, Jersey Woolies, Satins, Giant Angoras, FrenchAngoras, Satin Angoras and English Angoras. (Good thing I took plentyof allergy medicines LOL).

We decided to try to make it home last night (dangerousbecause of the deer population), and did have one very close call, justmissing 3 deer that dashed into the highway. We got homeafter midnight, and I've got a splitting headache, but I had a lot offun at the show. :blueribbon:

Pam

Pam's Back!! :groupparty: Wahooooo!!

So glad you had fun and the season of long trips is now a wrap.

Missed you, Pam. You absence was very much felt.

Glad you're home safe and sound. I know what you mean about the deer.Around my area, you have to worry more about deer than you do roadconditions or other drivers.

By the way, did I mention how glad I am that you're home?

:ele: :colors: :balloons: :sunshine: :heart:

:hug:

-Carolyn

LuvaBun wrote:
Welcome back, Pam. 2300 rabbits and 9 hours judging?:shock:. Wow, that is some work! Glad you enjoyed it though. Any newadditions brought back with you? ;)

Jan

There were 10 judges :) We're not supposed tojudgemore than 250 rabbits per day, although its not uncommonto get stuck with more if the show hasn't hired enough judges, or hasmore entries than expected.

Nope -- didn't bring anything back with us :)

Pam

Carolyn wrote:
Iknow what you mean about the deer. Around my area, you have to worrymore about deer than you do road conditions or other drivers.
Glad you're back Pam. Those deers can bescary. My brother-in law just missed one.Some one else had one go through his front windshield.

I have those deer whistles on my van. Don't know if they really work though.

Rainbows! :angel:

Dearest Pam Nock,

I spoke to Tina (dajeti2) tonight on the phone. I was filling her inhere and there about the bunnies on the board and I said, "Oh! AndPam's back from her show!"

What did she reply? Not...did she have fun, is she safe and sound, how'd it go...etc.

No.

Her automatic reply was:

"*Gasp* Did she get anything??????"

:disgust:

That's Tina for ya!

She did end up saying she's glad you had a good time and are home now.

-Carolyn

Pam,

I'm glad to hear you have fun at yet another show! Niagra Falls is just a marvious place to see!

How are the Polish kits coming along? My first Polish litter should behere tomorrow. However, it doesn't look like I'll be getting loads offun outta my first litter. :?My parents have been carryingfor my rabbits this weekend and still because I got a spider biteandam on bed rest. :?However I find my way to thecomputer. ;)

Amanda

Dwarf_Angel04 wrote:
My parents have been carrying for myrabbits this weekend and still because I got a spider biteandam on bed rest. :?However I find my way to thecomputer. ;)

Amanda
A spider bite !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you ok? Do you know what kind of spider it was?

spider-spin-web.gif

Well, after a night at the hospital I've foundout it wasn't a spider bite. It was just a case of cellulitis. So I washooked up to an IV getting and antibodtic to clear it up.;)Boy do these docs come in ALL at once! At onetime I had a Diet person talkin' to me, a lady from the chapel, mydoctor, and the head nurse walk in all at once! They were allthere to talk about different things LOL!

Wouldn't you know, the day that I'm staying in the hospital is the daymy Polish has her kits! She didn't have to be 'easy' either!Not to mention this doe is MEAN when bred! She raises upandjust about takes your fingersoff. Shewouldn't make her nest in the nestbox for all her might.SoDad put a nestboxbottom in last night and she ended up makingher nest on that. My phone was ringing off the wall with this'rabbit problem' LOL!So after I made a few phone calls myaunt came to my brother's rescue and helped move the nest into thenestbox. To make a long story short I've got 2 brokens, ablackpeanut (I was suprised to see a peanut afterall the talk I've heard about Polish litters!). There was also anotherkit that was stillborn so I wasn't able to see it. Man! I'mused to white fur LOL! I forgot how 'black' nests look from ablack rabbit LOL! It looks so depressing compared to thewhite happy cheerful fur! :D

I tell ya a breeder can't even have a quiet and peaceful hospital stay!

That's great Pam, glad you had a great day. 2300is a lot of rabbits, is that just for a normal show? How many AFLswhere entered into the show? With Cashmere Lops when there is a stockshow there is only around 57?

Clare

Latest posts

Back