Babysitting Bunny - Red Eyes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaiyla

Reaction score
I am petsitting a Netherland Dwarf bunny, he is in no way albino. He has dark brown eyes, but when I got him to my house, the rim outline of his eye is pink. It's not weeping or anything, he's eating normal and drinking normal. Could it be that he's stressed about the car ride and now he's in a strange place? I live in Wisconsin so we've been undergoing the thunder and lightnings and tornado warnings. He's in a room where you can hear the rain come down. So could the red eyes just be stress? I've been taking him out of his cage often and letting him romp around in my room. He is used to me, so he acts normal to me. Any help would be extremely appreciated.

I am not exactly sure but i think that it is a sign of stress. I remember my Belle when we were doing bonding with my male and they were just first gett ing to know each other i noticed that rim of her eyes were really red but after a while it went away. Just keep an eye on the rabbit, he is not use to your house, and noises and it will take a lil while forhim to get settled in. As long as he is eating , drinking, and pooping i dont know if i would worry much.

I'm thinking he's always had it, although it was quite reddish before. It has gotten pinker and it pretty much matches the inside of his ears now. I think that it's normal?

Latest posts

Back