Baby's first vet experience

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babymommy

Reaction score
Ok, maybe not a big day for everyone but for her it was nerve racking, oh and me too.

So we went to the vet this morning. Keep in mind i live 45minutes to an hour away. She was not happy with the car ridefrom the moment we got in the car. She was so nervous andshaky that i was nervous to. Believe me i have the scars toprove it. They tried to weigh her on one of those babyscales. Which she is 5 1/2 pounds.

We got her nails clipped. They couldn't flip her over and dohers like they normally do other rabbits because Baby was extremely toonervous. They had to have another doctor to come in and putone hand over her eyes and the other hand holding her body so she coulddo. They said she is definately a nervous rabbit and wouldv'ereally flipped out if they tried to flip her over.

Her exam was good. She is ingood physicalcondition. They confirmed she is a girl. They gaveme a few suggestions on her diet to increase her fiber. Shealso gave me high recommendations for getting rid of her pinebedding. They want me to get her a bigger cage that can holda litter box. They also want me to change her litter boxlitter to recycled paper gradually. Her lungs were clear, butshe could tell she is having a slight clear runny nose andeyes. They gave her an anitbotic to clear that up.

They have day boarding there, so they put her in a very quiet specialplace so she would be able to calm down and be happy again.I'll pick her up at 4:30 today when I leave work.

I can't wait to get her home again. I was too nervous aboutall this, I can't imagine how nervous i'll be when i get her fixed in afew months.

I know it's long, but i feel better now just typing it all out. :D

Thank you, she is experienced. I firstfound her while out to lunch one day. She's 2 minutes fromwork. Then I found her in the Rabbit Society. Thatmade me feel so much better.

Back