Baby Zappa isn't well

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK! Lets try this again. I had a big post typed out before but the forum ate it and then I actually had to go do WORK at my work. Which is silly, especially since 99% of the people herehaven't actually been doing any work since Monday when they announced the plant was going to close in the next year...

Anyway, Zappa is still a happy little bunny. When I left for work this afternoon he was pigging out on a fresh pile of grass hay. James thinks he looks less swollen, I'm not sure about that. But it is hard to notice changes in something you see all the time and I've been checking him and doing warm/cold compresses, etc., several times a day.

I guess I am going camping now, so don't get worried when there's no updates in this thread for a couple of days. One of the caretakers is my MIL who used to be a nurse and used to raise rabbits. And if anything sudden happened to him over the weekend... well I probably wouldn't be able to make a difference for him anyway. So I'm just going to go camping and try not to freak out about Zappa and my upcoming lack of a job.

Im glad to hear he's doing ok.

Have a great weekend- relax and have some fun. Im sure everything will be alright. And tell her if she needs some quick advice and cant get ahold of you we're always here to help :)

Oh man it was SO good to get away for a weekend!

Haley, "your" little dutch is doing great. His bits look the same but he grew tons in the few days I was gone and he's very happy and hyper. We're starting to think that the swelling might just end up being a permanent defect but it doesn't seem to be affecting him at all. I tried calling the vet today to find out when she wants to see Zappa againbut she was busy and hasn't called back yet that I know of.

Good news! The vet thinks Zappa's swelling has gone down a lot! We're continuing the same treatment, which is 2x day oral antibiotics and 1x week penicillin shots (as per the more limited syphilis regimen).

Latest posts

Back