Baby Shower Gifts...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whatever you do, don't do what I did.
I bought what I thought was a onesie for my friend's newborn son. It was a dress. :(

I did not know until the mother unwrapped it. Embarassing much? Yeah, I don't know anything about babies. I just grabbed stuff from the store and paid for it. I did buy stuff from the registry. I had to ask the store people for lots and lots of help. They must have been so annoyed with me in the end :(

Anything you buy will be better than what I bought I'm sure!

LOL! That little boy is full of confidence, I'm sure ;) Man enough to wear a dress :p

Again, thank you so much for all of your input! I've got great ideas for the next pair of gifts now :)
Well, Nate's first aid kits carried the day, but I found little books and two stuffed bunnies to go in the baskets (one green bun, one caramel coloured bun). One mom-to be was thrilled to receive the gift, the other behaved like an ungrateful blankety-blank and sneered.

One out of two isn't bad ;)

I'll get a pic of the beautiful stuffed white bunny and peter rabbit cloth book I found while puzzling around in the stores.

Also found a number of how to take care of a baby books, and a tape of womb sounds :p I'm curious to hear what it sounds like!

Thank you all again... I'm going to Watch this topic so I can find it again!

I got a baby book at the shower for Andy that was great AND it had a bunny theme AND even though he's 19, almost 20, I am still adding to it.

I gave my sister a big basket similar to the first aid basket mentioned - it had all the toiletries one might need but not purchase - nail clippers, shampoo, diaper rash cream, items to clean the belly button, a baby towel and washcloth, baby Tylenol or whatever the doc recommended, the bulb to clean baby noses... onesies, and she still uses the big basket, even though her "babies" are 11 and 10...

The board books are a great idea, too. Also, the soft cloth baby books... and at least one obnoxious sounding toy... I gave a friend a basket of goodies and one obnoxious sounding stuffed duck... and it became her baby's favorite toy! ;) We still laugh about it to this day!

Denise

Good luck - it is fun shopping for baby showers.

The best thing you can give is a gift card, yes - maybe in a baby diaper wreath.
girlwreathdm7.jpg

The last baby shower i went to, it was like a train wreck where people gave the same things over and over again, tons of diapers, tons of diaper bags, clothing, accessories - everything was practically covered, and covered again.
I gave her a $50 gift card to Walmart, all i got was thank you's afterward - so she can choose what she would like afterward.
Though a baby a first aid kit for a baby sounds good too.

blankets, THICK burping cloths(think terry), clothes(buy at least a 3 month size, babies out grown newborn SUPER fast!). if you knit or crochet you could make hats(if you knit i'll pm/post a good, easy pattern. let me know ;) ).
you could also see if they're registered anywhere.....

Latest posts

Back