Baby Shower Gift Ideas

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jleo3

Reaction score
I am currently unemployed and trying to get together some cute baby shower gift ideas without breaking the bank! I was thinking about stealing an idea from another baby shower that I thought was really cute. It is a onesie that says "Class of 2028" on it. It is for my boyfriend's niece and I was hoping to put a couple of other cute onesies in there, too. Any other ideas would be welcomed, too!

what a nice thought! what about something for the mum - you could put together some nice bath goodies or makeup perhaps. the babies get so much and it's nice to give the mum something!:)

Check your local dollar store. You can get a basket and put in 9 or 10 little baby things from there and looks cute and expensive when its not. Oh and being that's Easter time you can probably get a roll of basket wrap there and just tie it with ribbon and hang a pacifier and a set of baby keys from the ends of the ribbons.

It's not something everyone can do, but what I'm doing for my niece is this:

I am leaving the classroom and I have this cute bookshelf...

It's kind of like this, but it has 4 tiers instead of three, so add some green buckets. there are two small buckets and one large bucket on each shelf.

AAELR-0100.jpg

Every time I visit the grocery store, I'm picking up something to go in a bin. The idea is that first it will be next to the changing table, and later she can use it for toys.

So far I have:

1. Newborn Diapers
  2. Wipes
  3. Baby Powder
I want to get:
  1. soft washcloths
  2. a few crib sheets (to cover the changing mat)
  3. a bath towel
  4. a baby blanket
  5. white onesies (always come in handy for any gender)
  6. small first aid kit (you never know)
  7. entertainment assortment: small soft toys, rattles, etc. (for while changing)
  8. care kit: ear bulb, nail clippers, cotton balls and swabs, diaper rash ointment, masking tape (to fix broken tabs on diapers...again, you never know),
  9. box of tissues (also a great thing to have on hand while changing)
  10. baby oil
  11. baby lotion
  12. pacifiers (if she chooses to go that route)
  13. baby thermometer (I had one for my daughter in a pacifier that was kind of neat)
I know all of this really isn't an option for a low budget gift, but I'm trying to buy one thing each time so it isn't overwhelming. She's really in need as she is struggling financially. I know it will be something she can use. :)

I am a broke student, so I hear ya!
I went shopping at my local Value Village/Salvation Army/Goodwill.

I find lots of beautiful stuffed rabbits there, and bring home the best ones for all the baby showers. I also find some gently used baby board books.

Sometimes in the dollar store, they have books for babies there. Grab a basket for a dollar, some cellophane and a ribbon, and wrap it all up together.

Shouldn't cost more than $10. I usually add chocolate for mom, or a parenting magazine/hand lotion/candle.

My friends and family understand my situation.

Another cheap idea would be to embroider cute little flowers or the baby's 1st initial/name on a blanket or wash clothes.

You could go to a thrift store and get some older baby stuff, like for 6-12 month old. You might find some cute baby books or toys there too.
If you are computer savvy, you could put together a CD of baby songs.
Anything you can get bunny related would give him/her a good start on a life of loving bunnies. There are a lot of bunny stuff right now due to easter, and it will go on sale after easter.

Since my friend had a baby 6 months ago I have realised that babies get a lot of clothes and other stuff! She has more than enough clothes, especially for the first year or so. I actually asked her when I was going to another baby shower recently what she thought were really good baby shower presents... what she suggested was baby plates/bowls/cutlery and sippy cup (and these don't have to be expensive!). I guess these are things that not as many people think of, but when the baby gets a bit older they are very handy to have! and you can use a few sets of them as well. I try to think of things that have a purpose - so not just a soft toy, because there are only so many of them that they need.

you can also get teething rings/keys pretty cheap, which aren't initially what a newborn baby needs but they sure come in handy later on.

Latest posts

Back