Baby Rabbit's Bad Eye

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow!! I just saw this thread. I agree with Pam. That looks like a very serious infection and possibly an abscess. That needs to be seen by a vet as immediately...there is no other good option here. I suspect that possibly there is a corneal ulcer also. I would be highly concerned this rabbitmay lose that eye...or possibly worse if that infection isn't controlled. Any vet worth his/her salt should be able to look at this. Treating eyes is treating eyes no matter the species. The only think that will come into play is the use of parental antibiotics....the vet has to know what antibiotics can be used safely in a rabbit. What part of Missouri are you located? I have vet contacts all over the country.

Randy

Have you been to a vet before for any of your rabbits or pets? as some often let you if theyve seen you before, let youcome get an apointment pay as much of it as you canand thenslowly continue topay it off. You could always explain your situation and see if they can offer any help as they hopefully they want whats best for the bun.

Ouch. Poor little guy.

I hope hope hope that it doesn't trun into an abscess.

I'll I can give you is keep it very clean so then it won't get more infected then/if it already is.

I'll keep you and your little boy in my prays. :pray:

Somehow I don't think we're going to get an answer.

Im thinking your right Ivory. But if you are checking this and not replying you really need to take him to the vet even just turn up with him as they should want to help.

That's what I've been thinking Ivory. I think they saw the recommendations of vet and about being a responsible breeder and took off. It makes me kind of sad that this rabbit will probably not get to see a vet. It's adorable and it kind of reminds me of baby Flopsy. :(

That would be a real shame, as there's just so much good advice and knowledge here, it just seems a little crazy not to take advantage of all the amazing help you can get! I'm really reallyworried about that poor little bunny and it's eye...

*edited to correct typo and add another 'really'*

*sigh*

Let's be honest here- she didn't bring the rabbit to the vet, and it's probably gone by now.

Let this thread die.

Latest posts

Back