Baby posing sessions!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoolWaterRabbitry

Reaction score
After harassing the babies for 20 minutes in a posing session, I did finally get a few pics :p

Here's the buck (4 weeks old):
Buck4weeks.jpg

His left front leg is starting to move in the pic and the tip of his tail is sticking out lol but other than that I think it is pretty good.

and the doe (4 weeks old):
Doe4weeks.jpg

Her front feet are WAY too far foward in this one.

Doe4weeks2.jpg

And her head is wanting to turn in this one, but I think she did pretty well. :)

Anyone want to share there's as well?

EDIT TO ADD: Sorry if the pics are turning up really pic on your computer, they are at 400x300 and looked ok, but now they look huge on mine. :p

I'd be really interested to see how to pose Mini Lops. So I'm hoping someone will post about it. I have NO CLUE :). Cute bun!

As soon as my babies open their eyes I play with them into a posed position, by 4 weeks I can easily get them into it, there so cute and little when they do so.

I do know my dutch I start when their eyes open a couple of mins a day teaching them to sit still and down on the table, so at least I know my dutch will sit. since they are the only real ones I worry about showing, they are the only ones I actually teach to pose from babies. Gabriel and Speedle(my holland lop bucks) are both natural posers, they LOVE being looked at.
The new zealands i have to learn how to pose them correctly first, and teach Trisha, my red doe how to behave when being handled before i can start teaching them how to pose, but they are for "other purposes"
the english spots i am just starting to learn about, i know they run on the table when shown, but that's about it.
My mini rexes are just for fun, I'm going to try to teach Gwenyth and Poppy's babies once I get the litter, to pose so they can be sold(not Gwenyth just the babies) as show prospects.

Here are some wooly babies... they are finally doing a little posing on their own. XD They are about 2 1/2 months old. When they were younger...OMG! Took me FOREVER to get pictures of them! They kept moving!! lol

kxp2halfOT2.jpg

kxp2halfIH3.jpg

Here are some of them when they were younger and it took me like 20 shots to get the pictures!!! lol

bunniesflowers21.jpg

bunniesflowers17.jpg

And here is somebody who DOES NOT want to cooperate... hahahaha!

bunniesflowers7.jpg

LOL the last bunny is a trip.

Yes, Hotots are very very cute and their similarity to ND's makes them very appealing to me. As of right now I do not have the space for another breed, but some day I am sure I will have them. :)

The first and fifth pictures in my previous posts are otters. :)

lol I'm thinking once (hopefully) we move and finish our bunny barn we will have more space and time to add the nethies. ^.^ But don't tell the fiance that good thing he's at work lol

Here are some of mine... And this will also help the person who was asking how to pose mini lops... :D

389935677.jpg

389935667.jpg

389935543.jpg

(Broken Black Holland Lop)
He actually sat like this all on his own. Just long enough for me to click a quick pic... not even a second later, he was moving again...

Here is how to pose ML's.
389935624.jpg

389935616.jpg

See how his front feet are below his chin, and his hind feet are in line with his hips?

389935644.jpg

389935635.jpg

This is the above baby's litter mate. This whole litter poses pretty well.

You'll notice with mini lops that the side photos have hands over their heads. This helps to keep them still, and also puts their front feet in the proper position, under their chin. The other half of the proper mini lop pose is that their hind feet need to be in line with their hip. If they are pushed too far forward they can appear chopped and slopped when they really aren't, and if they are too far back, they can appear to be longer and flatter in body than they are.

Here is some pictures of one of my brood does for a good example.

390204908.jpg

390204906.jpg

Also, it's not just babies that can be pains sometimes...
This doe doesn't like to pose at all...

See?
390204927.jpg

This is usually what happens when I go to take her picture... LOL

Got some really nice pics of the tan babies yesterday. And we finally named them

NutterButter AKA Butter. Jr. Doe

one.jpg

one2.jpg

Flash. Jr. Buck

two2.jpg

two.jpg

Violet. Jr. Doe

three2.jpg

three.jpg

Latest posts

Back