Baby Photos!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaded Night Rabbitry

Reaction score
Photos of my three (well, 2 litters + 1 baby) litters~
I'm bored, and I love showing off baby pics.

Shaded Night's Hop - Buck
6739650.jpg

Cute little buck. Long ears for now, but is just hitting ganglies. Should even back out. Haven't decided if I'm keeping him or not.

Shaded Night's Hip - Buck
3990513.jpg

Solid little buck. Good width for his age, nice ears, decent head. Decent bone atm. May be keeping.

Shaded Night's Jazz
2850952.jpg

As far as type goes, this is my favorite buck. But the breeding was for a sable point buck with great ears, and I just don't see his ears getting any rounder. =/ Might keep if his head and bone gets any nicer. LOL!

Shaded Night's Rock N' Roll - Buck
5548193.jpg

I love this little guy. He looks nice for his age. A little weak on bone, but his head is going to come in nicely. Watching his ears to see if he might fit the bill as dad's replacement. Decent in shoulders (the other big factor!)

Shaded Night's Bubble Gum Pop - Doe
7051452.jpg

If I don't keep her she'll be going to a friend for free to help get her started in shadeds. Her ears are long at the moment, but fairly round and thick. Okay head. might be a tad snipey, might round out. GREAT bone on her front legs! Max factor carrier (see all that long, long fur on her jowel?).

Shaded Night's Lil' Dude - Doe
3526985.jpg

Mom's replacement. She's really, really cute underneath all that butt fluff, I promise! A couple of stray whites. =/

Shaded Night's Rew Buck
6633282.jpg

No name atm. He's cute, but I'm not sure if I wanna keep a rew back right now or not. Might be useful to have one for my "seal" points, but i dunno.

Shaded Night's Sable Point Buck
5359417.jpg

Another cute buck, but I'm not sure if I need -another- sable point buck. Seems pointless to have three~four.

Shaded Night's Siamese Sable Buck
7296712.jpg

This is my keeper at the moment. He has MASSIVE bone, even if you can't see it. I'm hoping it stays that way as he grows. Looks like he'll have a decent head, and okay ears. I'm pretty pumped for him.

Shaded Night's Seal Doe
1838778.jpg

Cute little round doe, but her color instantly boots her from my program. I'm striving to register all brood/show does and bucks... So that sucks. Oh well.

8D So there's the current litters. I have one more due this week, and two due in a month... Plus 4~5 breedings to do after fair! Yaaaay!

Lil' Dude has slope-butt. Compare her HQ to the very nice round HQ of the rabbits above her. She starts off right, but then it looks like her HQ is a straight line down to the table. It isn't round like an ND's is supposed to be, it just drops off. I am not sure if that is something you want to tolerate in your herd, but just letting you know.

I had to go out and repose to check. (That pic is also 2 weeks old)

I think the combination of a bad pose, and an old pic made her look like that. 5 minutes ago, she was fairly rounded. A little flat towards the back, but pretty good. however, stupid baby has a white tail. Don't think I can pass it off as gray. T.T;! Might just have to scrap the entire project, I'm thinking. I really don't need to pull that into my sable points. Oh well.

Yeah, you don't really want them. Pack them up and send them all over to me:biggrin2:

Shaded Night Rabbitry wrote:

I think the combination of a bad pose, and an old pic made her look like that. 5 minutes ago, she was fairly rounded. A little flat towards the back, but pretty good. however, stupid baby has a white tail. Don't think I can pass it off as gray. T.T;! Might just have to scrap the entire project, I'm thinking. I really don't need to pull that into my sable points. Oh well.

Tragic, that's what you get for using a REW... XD If that is what she is out of. If not, please forgive.

Butthat's why I holda slightgrudge against them. Any time someone says, "oh, you could use a REW," it makes me cringe. Nothing personal, they do have some of the best type out there and they are so so pretty to look at, but when it comes to breeding withthem, no thanks. lol. :)

Best of luck on your project! I once got a sable point out of a Silver Marten X Silver Marten cross. It was the weirdest thing. However, I must encourage you to keep trying. We need real sable points, not Himi/shaded crosses that somehow pass as sable points. That is one of the things I really like about what you are trying to do.

I know of someone who has lionheads and they are breeding tort & Sable point togetherand getting tort & sable point out of them.

If only you had gotten a sable point doe out of this batch.

lelanatty wrote:
Shaded Night Rabbitry wrote:

Tragic, that's what you get for using a REW... XD If that is what she is out of. If not, please forgive.

Butthat's why I holda slightgrudge against them. Any time someone says, "oh, you could use a REW," it makes me cringe. Nothing personal, they do have some of the best type out there and they are so so pretty to look at, but when it comes to breeding withthem, no thanks. lol. :)

Best of luck on your project! I once got a sable point out of a Silver Marten X Silver Marten cross. It was the weirdest thing. However, I must encourage you to keep trying. We need real sable points, not Himi/shaded crosses that somehow pass as sable points. That is one of the things I really like about what you are trying to do.

I know of someone who has lionheads and they are breeding tort & Sable point togetherand getting tort & sable point out of them.

If only you had gotten a sable point doe out of this batch.
Nope, it was a sable point x black cross. Should have given me a black, but a common problem with sable points are those white tails... And the black doe did have a lot of stray whites to begin with. I passed it off as her being 3 years old, but guess not. Oh well.

I got really lucky in my start. There were a few really nice animals that came out of someone who's now a pretty good friend. I'm currently working on expanding the herd to all sable points, or perhaps mostly sable points and a few random sables and blacks. I got rid of my himis (thank god!). I do have a rew around. They're helpful as far as correcting seal points. All the sable points but the last posted above are from a rew x seal point breeding. As you can see, all perfect colored sable points and siamese sables. No seals or seal points. Then again, seal points do fine on the tables too... I just like the clean SPs. LOL!

I've debated about adding in a tort project. The only problem with that is I'm sick of having so much in the same group. It comes down to me competing against myself half the time, so it's almost pointless to go show half of them. =/ I do have a tort junior buck at the moment. He was a steal for just $15, and he's waaaay cute. I'll dwabble in them for a bit, and see what a tort x sable point cross does for either variety. if it makes either smutty, it's out. XD

Thanks for all you've said. You're really helping encourage me to keep the project going.

It's the silly thing about dwarfs. Their ears grow faster than they do, and pictures just make them seem even longer. None of their ears even hit 1 1/2 inches yet. And I generally don't get ears over 2 inches, unless it's a BUD.

Latest posts

Back