Baby Mini Rexes!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blaze_Amita

Reaction score
Pics coming soon, tomorrow or thursday. I took the pics today, they were born this afternoon while i was asleep(3rd shifter).

Poppy, my tri color female had 4 to my blue buck Eddy. two brokens, one solid and one is either otter or opal. Tis that one baby an otter, it stays, i've wanted a blue otter for so long. I had a request to bred them from two other people that wanted the doe's bloodlines, they had Poppy's sister but one sister died and the other won't produce(waited until she was little over 16 months old to bred her.) So two of the babies are sold and if the one comes out blue otter it stays too.

Yeah!!

That made my 'morning' happy.

I found the cable to my camera right after I posted that first one. The picture is not very clear but there is four there. I moved the fur a little. I didn't want to aggrevate mommy too much. i scratched her and gave her alfalfa cubes to chew on while I looked at the babies. Warm, cubby and content those little ones were.
P4280020.jpg

*squeals* I'm excited, though typically she has 7 to 8 in a litter, a small litter isn't bad for a previously unproven male. Yeah! and best of all is half the litter is already spoken for and I've had Country Power on my butt to get me to post something up, they keep getting people in asking about rabbits on their board, there is horses, cows, hay, etc, but no rabbits for sale.

well i goofed. the day they were born was so warm i didn't see the fifth one a bit farther away from them, so there is two solids, two brokens and the otter/opal baby. I double checked to make sure they were snuggly warm since the temperature dropped with the cold front that came through and that's how i found the fifth one this morning. (Went from 80's during the day and 60's at night to mid 50's during the day and 30's at night- not nice weather) but all round and full and warm. thank heavens, i've lost litters with this kind of weather change before and it freaks me out a little.

i'll get more pics tomorrow, i checked them again this morning and they were all safe and sound. mommy's such a good girl. for now i'm just caling them by their colors,
bluie, blackie, spotted bluie, spotted blackie, and otter girl(not that i know its a girl or not)

I give up trying to figure out colors . . . they're five days old and have enough fur now to tell that there's a solid blue, broken blue, broken black (two) solid blacks and a Castor(not otter poohy) and that there was six.

So other than I have a hard time telling colors as babies, I can't count now either. . . . *sighs* oh well, all are heathly and chubby.

P5040008.jpg

Oh MY GOODNESS! Send me the castor please? :biggrin2:

That blue almost doesn't look blue.... I am not good at colors but it looks more like brown/tan than blue.

I was thinking the solid blue almost looked opal.

They're very cute nontheless!
Our REW Mini Rex is due on Mother's Day with babies! I can't wait! :D Hoping for a successfull litter this time around.

Emily

Oh my goodness, I see atleast two spotted baby buns in that bunch. I want one!!

Keep us updated, please :biggrin2:

Mini rex babies are soooo cute! I got a blue otter out of a recent litter, but he turned out to have a really long flat body. I was sad- he's off for a pet.

Hehehe, they're out of the box, 3 and a half weeks old, and two does in the bunch. Both Brokens and One solid black are bucks, the castor and the other solid black are does.

They're all so friendly, the two brokens I don't believe have enough color on them. And the one is definently a blue, he's a bit camera shy, their father is a blue that was thrown off the table since he was out of coat condition and it was frosty brown. I'm still trying to get him to shed out.

P5180028.jpg

I'll try to get everyone out of the cage today to get pictures of them. If they aren't too terribly camera shy, and Maybe I can get mommy a little bit of time to stretch and relax and romp around in the grass while I take the babies pictures.

I've had people back out on them now, not the colors they wanted. . . grr, so I've only got one person that wants a baby, and second one is considering one of hte brokens for a pet, but that's not concrete yet. SO anyone want one? I would be glad for them to find homes.

oh yess, they've got such nice coats. They've got better coats than the last litter of mini rexes. I'm just afraid that they'll become large, like their mother, but none of her children ever have. SHe's just brood size, her parents were both tiny as well

Latest posts

Back