Baby lops

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleMiraclesRR

Reaction score
Charlotte County, FL // Camden County,NJ, , USA
Our beautiful sport holland/mini lop mix rescue, Tamber, had seven babies two weeks ago. She is gorgeous, despite thepoor situation in which she was living before we scooped her up. She was filthy, matted, underweight and ready to pop, poor girl.

Anyway, Tamber's eating like a horse (and feeding the 7 healthy wiggly babies) - just wondering...

We had several "daddy" canidates we also rescued... and they weren't all lops. How long will it take before we know if these babies ears are going to be floppy or uppy? Any ideas?

babies ears usually stick up for the first few weeks and then they'll start to fall. some lops have control over their ears(like my Jamie)and will stick them up at will(like when they hear something). others don't have this ability. some pure breed lops have an occasional up-eared baby, too(Merlin(read about him here-HL). so you might have a mix within the litter, depending on the ancestry of the parents. what makes them lop eared is actually a poor ear base that's been bred back so many times that what we've ended up with is our loppy bunnies(they're so cute..............:biggrin2:)! so it depends on how strong mom's ear base is and(if dad's a up eared bun)how weak dad's is. hope that helps!

Anna

My Lops Ears Didnt Drop Until She Was 10 Weeks Old And She Is A Mini Lop. Sometimes Even Now She Keeps Them Up When She Is Fully Alert She Has Great Ear Control So Maybe YOur Babies May Not Lop Until Then

LadyBug wrote:
others don't have this ability. some pure breed lops have an occasional up-eared baby, too(Merlin(read about him here-HL).
Anna

Awwwww, ladybugyou know my Merlie! hehe. Merlin is (to my understanding)a purebred holland lop whose ears never "lopped" I got him when he was 8 weeks old. I think over time his ears kinda drooped down a bit, but they have never lopped. He is 5 months old now and heholds them straight up for the most part unless he's listening to something in front of him (then they look like bull horns) hehe.

I'd love to see pictures of the babies!!!!

Put Merlins Ears Down Yourself I Had To Do That To My Mini Lop And Eventually She Did It On Her Own:)

Latest posts

Back