Baby kits!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maidance

Reaction score
My mini rex natsu and my determined little Dutch Fuyu apparently defied all of my attempts to keep them apart until I could get them fixed and 3 days ago I found myself with 5 little kits. I'm a little lost at what I'll do to them when they grow up, but when that time comes I'll start another thread. Until then let's just enjoy the kits in all they're adorable glory. Advice welcome! I'll try and update daily. (Sorry for horrible quality, they're squiggly)
Day 1: ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1403580409.703350.jpg
Day 2: ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1403580452.571025.jpg
Day 3: ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1403580475.989478.jpg

And a better picture of the only black one in my hand for a few secs ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1403580595.415345.jpg

Here's mamaImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1403580619.152572.jpg
Here's dada ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1403580668.110768.jpg

Aweeeee babies are the best I just had a litre of guinea pig babies of course unlike rabbits piggies come out of momma with all their hair already on them it's adorable. With guinea pigs mom dose all the work so your job would just be to make sure mommy has water and food I'd assume anyway not sure if it's the same with rabbits.

Although I can't keep them I've decided to give them temporary names so I don't have to keep referring to them by color.
ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1403628067.415914.jpg Tenshi
ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1403628088.585278.jpg Aibou
ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1403628105.931220.jpg Hikaru
ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1403628132.139878.jpg Kaoru
ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1403628153.493225.jpg Yami

Kaoru has a white spot on it's hand and Hikaru doesn't. That's the only way I can tell then apart. Tenshi has dots on her side that look a bit like a cross and Aibou only has three faint dots on her but. Yami is all black (ears, feet, belly) except for a white dot on it's nose.
And here's a group pic ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1403628279.459088.jpg

They're 4 days old

Day 5! It took me so long to get a picture! I spent the night at a friends house and when I got back all my lovely pink babies had turned white!!! They grow up so fast. Haha and another first happened when little Hikaru peed in my hand. They feel a lot stronger today
ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1403737124.441150.jpg
Does anyone know the proper name for the color of the grey kits? Is it just grey?

ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1403821184.233365.jpg
Day 6! Not many changed yet, but I'm sure soon they'll being growing really furry. Does anyone know at what age you can tell the girls from the boys? And I made an appointment for Fuyu to meet with the vet so we can set up a Neuter date

I can tell a little before they're 3 weeks but if this is your first time you might not be able to tell until they're 5-6 weeks.

One week old! It's gone by so quickly! They look extremely chubby today ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1403910159.930965.jpg

Gawww! Make sure to get Mama spayed ASAP, too. Risk of ovarian, mammarian, and uterine cancer really skyrockets the longer females go unaltered -- especially after having babies. No worries, though -- spaying should take care of any risk.

Congrats on your adorable little ones! <3

Gawww! Make sure to get Mama spayed ASAP, too. Risk of ovarian, mammarian, and uterine cancer really skyrockets the longer females go unaltered -- especially after having babies. No worries, though -- spaying should take care of any risk.

Congrats on your adorable little ones! <3

Thanks! I've been meaning to spay her but now that she's had kits I don't know when it's ok to do that. I don't want to do it while she's still nursing incase something happens. I've had my Natsu for a whole year now (almost to the day) but I still feel like a newby when it comes to bunnies. So would 2 months be an ok time to wait before spaying her? Longer than that? Before that??

She can be spayed after they are no longer nursing but you won't want to keep mom with the babies while she has a healing incision so you can wait until the babies are removed at about 8weeks of age

Thank you thank you thank you for answering!!! I'm very glad I found this forum or I would be more lost than a bird in a submarine. I'll make sure to spay her for sure!!! And the rabbit shelter that I'm hoping with take the babies spays and neuters all their buns too

Day 8! They seem to wiggle to where their going with a bit more sense of direction then they used to (if that makes any sense) does anyone know if the national geographic brand rabbit food is any good because my dad bought me a bag, but I've never heard of it before.
ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1403979306.260362.jpg

Day 9! Little Tenshi (the white one with the stripe) has opened his/her eyes today. I don't really have a runt but Tenshi is much larger than the rest of them. I couldn't get a picture of it's eyes open so I'll take a group picture when all of their eyes are opened. Until then, here's the obligatory group shot that doesn't really show how big they areImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1404060806.385179.jpg

Back