Baby has poop stuck in pee hole help me please.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlesol

Reaction score
She had diarrhea that got stuck to her and after I got back from work and cleaned it, is when I uncovered the truly worrisome part. The skin looked like it was on fire, I applied a lil neosporin to help her with the burning, and then I noticed it....what appears to be poopy stuck up where her peepee is....she's feeling and looking better, the swelling is down to roughly 1/3 of what it was last night, I tried squirting water to break up the poop or whatever and it didn't do anything other then make her squirm, so....help of any kind would be appreciated by her and me

image.jpg

Btw that is pic is sideways her booty is on the right, while her peepee is on the top left.

Is it possible to not be poop at all? And the inside there could have an infection or anything?

If this were my bunny I'd definitely get her to a vet ASAP. If her pee hole is blocked, she can't pee, which is an emergency. Do you know if she's able to pee? Also, she may need antibiotics for that infection, which could spread up her urethra to her kidneys.

If she's able to pee and acting normally, you could try soaking her in a warm, shallow bath with a bit of salt mixed in. That may help to dissolve and loosen the blockage, and the salt will help to bring down the infection. I'd still take her to a vet to be checked out afterwards.

Last edited:
Ok well do you guys think that's a poo lodged up there? Or is it just enlarged and open and ...that looks semi-normal up there ? Cuz I called nearby and the soonest we can get her in to see a vet is tomorrow afternoon

Sigh sorry idk how the heck I posted that? And idk how to edit. Sorry. And soak her in Epsom Salt or sea salt or what ?

I'm surprised the vet didn't treat this as an emergency because of the potential for a kidney infection or urinary blockage. Again, is she able to pee? If you're not sure, empty her litter box and line it with a layer of newspaper or even paper towel to see if she pees.

At this point it doesn't matter what is stuck in her pee hole, the fact is it's infected and possibly blocked. She will likely need a course of antibiotics. I don't know what else to suggest for now, other than the soaking suggestion I made earlier. If you decide to do this, use no more than a tablespoon of salt per 8 oz. of warm water. If you don't want to bathe her, another option is to wet a cotton pad or swab with the warm salt water and hold it against the affected area for a couple of minutes. Other than that, keep a close eye on her in case she gets worse. Keep her in a draft free location in case she gets a fever.

She can pee yes, but that's the thing, I'm assuming that it's blocked because of that being a different color inside there where the image shows, well he was supposedly in surgery all day ( the nearest vet to me )

She can pee yes, but that's the thing, I'm assuming that it's blocked because of that being a different color inside there where the image shows, well he was supposedly in surgery all day ( the nearest vet to me )

I'm glad to hear she can pee. If her urethra were completely blocked she probably wouldn't have survived the night.The vet should be able to tell you what's going on. It's hard to say what's stuck in there. To me it does look like either hard poop or a foreign object (piece of bedding, hay etc). Hopefully the vet can either remove it with forceps or flush it out with a syringe.

Back